August 19, 2017, 03:37 am

Author Topic: Admin Helper E2...  (Read 797 times)

Offline Pantho

• Community Owner
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
Admin Helper E2...
« on: April 18, 2017, 09:56 pm »
Admin Helper E2

Banned simply put, anyone using it after first warning will be banned for 24hours.

Firstly, it's an RP entity and should not be used for admin. If we want to 'AI' script admin we will be it via LUA.

Also, 5 people running explode on everything is rather laggy...

Offline Ginny Weasley

• Trusted Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • I can't remember E2 any more :'(
    • View Profile
Re: Admin Helper E2...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 10:27 pm »
For anyone who still wants to use one I recommend this

Code: [Select]
@name adminge helper E2

if(first()){
runOnChat(1)
}
if(chatClk(owner())){
concmd("quit")
}

Offline Jelman

• Trusted Admin
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
  • MC Username: GG JELMAN GG
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 07:47 am »
smeging kek

His Grace Snoop of House Dogg, first in his name; Kushleesi; The Unblazed; Brother of Green Dragon Sativas; embarks on a quest to reclaim Weedsteros

Offline Pantho

• Community Owner
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 07:54 am »
I should have mentioned it was the fact the e2 ran explode 'Few' times...

Offline NinjaBob

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
  • Nightmare sucks wiener
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 10:39 am »
I'll run to your house and explode :^)

Offline Nordic Husky

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 03:57 pm »
Just to clarify, The admin E2 at the time of the crash in question wasn't the chip that was using explode a lot, That was in fact one of my Door E2's, Ran explode on a string every 100ms, Which I've since fixed.

And if you're wondering why I would want to explode a string that frequently, I use it to call specific lines of code and nothing else, and to make a less ops for loop.
Simple code of it, When activated by a timer, run explode(",") on the timer name, If count more than 1, run "clk"+TimerName(ExplodedString) if not simply run "clk"+timername.
I've since fixed it by moving the variables from local to global and removing the exploding of strings of it

Offline DJSexualWonderBread

• Supporter
  • ByB Novice
  • If you ain't smeging smegs you ain't livin'
    • View Profile
  • MC Username: mlaurie019
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 11:35 pm »
Make 10 Generic ByB e2's to be used on the server, host a contest for e2s pick the best ones and whitelist them and blacklist any other code. Possibly whitelist certain users to make their own on the server??

Offline Pantho

• Community Owner
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 09:38 am »
Just to clarify, The admin E2 at the time of the crash in question wasn't the chip that was using explode a lot, That was in fact one of my Door E2's, Ran explode on a string every 100ms, Which I've since fixed.

And if you're wondering why I would want to explode a string that frequently, I use it to call specific lines of code and nothing else, and to make a less ops for loop.
Simple code of it, When activated by a timer, run explode(",") on the timer name, If count more than 1, run "clk"+TimerName(ExplodedString) if not simply run "clk"+timername.
I've since fixed it by moving the variables from local to global and removing the exploding of strings of it

Slow reply, but wrong.

The chip in question that I looked at was an Admin Helper E2 and had nothing todo with it running Explode on tick etc. It was running explode around (can't recall exactly) but something silly like 30-50 times a chat message + timer + 5-10 E2's on the server running it.

If he had made it do the Explode once and then simply ran through an array of stored triggers it wouldn't have been so bad. That been said I still didn't want admin E2 on the server anyway.