December 11, 2017, 05:31 am

Author Topic: Problems of ByB  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Alex_2259

• ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
  • MC Username: Alex_2259
Re: Problems of ByB
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 08:54 pm »
Levelling system
A common feature I see on other servers that isn't horrid is a levelling system. As opposed to having to vote to be a cop, or being to become a gun dealer when you first join, you are required to spend some time on the server, and/or farm with XP printers to level up, reducing mingery, and allowing progress. Implementing such a system into ByB, I feel, will give players an incentive to stick around and a good sense of progress.

Weapon pack
I like the idea of the M9K on a CSS base, it isn't OP, and it has familiar variety. It practically works just fine out of the package for DarkRP without much, if any editing. M9k itself is extremely OP, but certianly can be utilized, as this can be easily fixed.

Jobs & addons
I feel ByB could use some more jobs than just the standard, near stock DarkRP jobs, and the occasional additional supporter job. However, a balance between stupid saturation and jobs that will actually be used is a difficult one to achieve. As per addons, I am not in favor of a drug addon that has mingey perks such as super jump and super speed, but some reasonable additives, like we saw with the doctor update may not be such a bad idea.

Stuff to do...
The meth job addressed this to an extent, but a shortage of "stuff to do" that isn't printer farming and basing has always been an issue.  Fixing jobs like the hacker job, as well as adding some other occupations, and revamping others could do this. I have seen some NPC scripts that do something similar on the cancer that is the "GMod store." I'd bet our roots can make some good edits of these.

The map
Using a map that most people happen to have, I feel that isn't necessarily the way to go about it. A custom map (Including myself, I'd bet there are many people in this community who have the ability to make some nice edits & optimizations of maps like the downtown series.) ByB, fortunately, has never been known to use those stupidly big maps, like the evocity maps, so downloading wouldn't be a gigantic issue. People often determine whether they'll give a server a chance based on the map alone.

I don't think ByB needs to reconstruct, or follow the lead of the other horrendous servers out there, but rather develop our own "brand" that we have built over the years by adding a plethora of new features, even if they are just meant to "market" the server to new players.

Offline Swiss Cheese

• ByB Newbie
  • You must be truly desperate if you've come to me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2017, 08:54 pm »
I love ByB. Honestly. First DarkRP server I've ever played on that isn't overly mingy, or filled with annoying spergs. A pattern I've noticed, reading all these forum posts- everyone's trying to keep ByB as vanilla as possible, yet not bland. Now, I've never hosted a server. Most power I ever had was being a Moderator on some random server back in 2014- so correct me if I'm wrong on anything.

Map~
I don't like Evocity. At all. Every map I've played that's Evo, I've run at MAYBE 20FPS. Garbo. Everyone stays in the town center- all the drug dealers and raiders are on the outskirts. No criminal empires, just.. quiet. Boring. Occasional /raid and some 12 year old gets tilted.
So- with the map, Downtown honestly works just fine. It's fine, but not great. How to 'Make Downtown Great Again', don't ask me. Plebeian, here.

Community~?
I've been here a few months- made awesome friends. Never had a moment of annoyance, never wanted to leave a Teamspeak or Discord of my own will. I love the people I've met. Yet reading through the forums, I do see that whole; 'Nothing is serious' pattern reoccurring. I am not a serious person- at all, but It seems to be something that's a bit of a problemo. I have (literally) no power, so I'm not going to tell you guys how to live your lives. As a noob compared to people who've been here for years, an outsider looking in, some seriousness on heavy topics would make you guys look better. ^^

Addons~
Leveling is a fantastic idea, In my opinion. Blocks much minging- as in a kid spamming vote for a gun job, then RDMing 1/2 of the town. Annoying for Admins, obviously. (RANT INCOMING)
For the everloving christ please- bitte- RP Jobs are my jam. Cook, Bartender, Mechanic, all those jobs make a functioning town that keeps the buildings and members thriving. Balanced boosts from the Cook- Able to make bars/clubs/RP Zones- It makes me so happy seeing jobs like that when I join a server. It pertains to members who enjoy building, perhaps more passive jobs(Like myself), thus making the community larger and more diverse. TLDR; Passive jobs. Ya need 'em.

Motivation~?
I joined ByB when the Easter Egg hunt was going on. That friendly competition- I immediately noticed that, and felt a sense of belonging when members such as Loqrin let me tag along to help him find Eggs planted around the map. It was fun, in all honesty- something as simple as that. Perhaps Events, such as Summer events(Everyone has a floaty on their Model :D ), Thanksgiving(Buff Cook Food?), the possibilites are endless.

Well, my fingers hurt. So- Thanks for starting this thread, BlueNova. I want to see ByB how every veteran remembers it- I want to experience that. I think anyone would. Thank you.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 10:43 pm by BlueNova »
~ Vapourwave   /    Anna ~
(Pronounced 'Ahna'{It get asked that a lot})

= PM for Gaming Usernames- I play Everything.=

Offline BlueNova

• ByB Staff & Helpers
  • ByB Novice
  • The most powerful force in the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2017, 07:44 pm »
This is partially a shameless self-bump to get this ball rolling again see as it seems to have slowed.

But I appreciate everything people have said, really constructive. Glad this didn't turn into nothing more than a meme orgy like Sirdog's post did over a year ago.

That aside now that most seem to have stated their opinion I think moving together to find a middle ground since some of us have different ideas on how things should change would be good. So then we could perhaps see something get done from this and not let this grow cobwebs and just be a little discussion thread.

At this point my train of thought derailed to something else, I shall expand upon this later with other thoughts and ideas perhaps tonight or tomorrow.

Offline AdamS

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Commander of the Ponies
    • View Profile
  • MC Username: adamnet
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2017, 11:10 pm »
**Initializing connection to Adam S Industries LTD.
**Incoming message from PonyNet Central Command

The Royal Ponies Corporation2
Official Message from the Boss

Good Afternoon,
As mentioned throughout this thread the discontent with how things have been done this revival are clear.  Me personally I can point fingers at individuals who made problems worse or caused growing discontent within the community.  That is not for this thread tho and starting more drama would only worsen the issue.  Seeing everyone has addressed the staff issue I will abstain from commenting on it.

Today I will focus on one of the other issues that caused a lot of players to just grow bored and leave... The Economy. 

Quote from: FPtje
A badly balanced server can lead to either players hoarding money for too long before doing anything or spending money as if they didnít work for it.

The Short: The current state of the Economy is a laughing joke. To make a a semi-real life example our currency is about as worthless as Zimbabwean dollars except in our reality the companies are mentally retarded and still selling items such as cars/guns at stupidly low prices.  By doing this literally everyone and the dog has the most expensive items within mere hours due to how bad the economy is.  Whomever set this up originally thought nothing of it and I could argue that they never took an Economics course.

The Long: Okay so let's first take a look at the 3 most viable ways of earning our worthless Zimbyb dollars.

Printing: The most low-effort bullsmeg excuse of gaining billions by sitting on your ass. The most common reasoning ive heard about the pay-out was "IT TAKES SO LONG TO BREAK EVEN IM SO smegING DUMB AND CANT DO ANYTHING ELSE".  Based on my research this was a load of bullsmeg.  The average player tends to play for 2-3 hours.  Given that it is estimated that a Supporter can earn over 1,255,500 Zimbyb Dollars and Non-Supporters can make 356,940 Zimbyb Dollars.  This of course does not factor in your printers exploding but in my research time this never happened and the chances of such happening are not high enough to report. Printing only gets worse when you have huge gangs sitting back with over 20+ Printers in a base at a time.

Suggestion: Greatly reduce the probability of printers or require upkeep to keep them printing so AFKing/leaving them for hours is not a viable decision.  This is likely why some communities use the ScriptFodder printers that require Ink/Cooling.  OR printers have a MUCH higher chance of exploding the closer they are to other (>5) printers.  This includes supporter printers .

Weed/Meth: There is really no huge rant on this.  The only thing I really hated was how a lot of the costs for items were the same.  The profit based in the charts are based on 90% Maximum Efficiency where you are constantly tending to your stuff (With the exception of 10% of smegups).  To me there should be a drop in earnings but at the same time this should prove over 30% more viable than printing because it actually takes effort.

Suggestion: Diversify the costs of items (Some higher) to promote some realism. Also drop the profit some as earning 3,267$ per Min. is not very good either. 

And for those who cannot process large walls of text I will also leave a simple giraffe:

I mean the real problem with that is staring you in the face.

Surely with all the cash we are earning we have these huge ticket items that would take hours/days to earn right? WRONG.

For Guns/Weapons the issue is pretty obvious.  Whomever increased the profitability from farming stupidly underestimated the prices needed for weapons. Rather than argue a paragraph on this I will provide a graph.

Cars.. Something that should take hours/days to earn and should be a way to show your wealth right? We smeged that up too!

The Lambo... One of the highest priced cars on the server only takes 7 hours to get! Something that should take like days/weeks to get right? Bloody hell....

The real insult was when someone realized that the Economy was smeged in every direction and decided to add accessories which were priced in the millions as a sort of end-game item to acquire. I won't even comment on that. 

Quote from: FPjte "Good DarkRP Server Foruma"
There are two main questions here: how players should earn money and how they should spend it. In vanilla DarkRP, money is earned (and spent) with money printers, salary, guns and drugs, obviously, but also through player interactions, like /dropmoney and events, such as the lottery. Your server may have many more ways to both earn and spend money, but how balanced is it?

Money printers, job salary and some other things create money from thin air. Buying something from the F4 menu, buying doors and other things have money disappear into thin air. A big part of the balance lies in those two flows being more or less equal.

A second major part of the balance lies in the gameplay mechanics of both money generating and consuming elements and how they affect playersí behaviour. The money printer, for example, requires protection and are often hidden. Interaction between players around money printers is both rare and often hostile. That and the waiting for and picking up of money packets is frustratingly boring.

In a good server, the ways to earn and spend money encourage player interaction. Think of trading, public events, jobs that provide services for money or just a hobo being tipped for their amazing reproduction of Hitlerís speech over the microphone. There are many different opinions on how to get the economy right. Try some things out, see what sticks and what doesnít. Ultimately itís different for every server anyway.

I would like to also quickly bash the rules while I am here.  Who the smeg is in charge of writing this stupid smeg? There are hundreds of legitimate complaints about some (You have to grow meth alone) and then there are suggestions that have gone on deaf ears.  If it does not make things worse about a month prior to the "death" of the playerbase some smegwit started telling everyone "YOU CANT HAVE LADDERS IN YOUR RAID ENTRANCE".  But if you are a normal player who did read the rules you will realize this guy just pulled a rule out his ass! But wait guys let's remember that anything that is not listed in the rules is caught by the "Common Sense" clause because it's common sense not to have a smeging ladder in your raiding entrance! Tbf I could make an entire thread picking and smeging about some of these rules/issues.

**Disconnecting from PonyNet UseNet
**Saving Data...
**Ending Message

Offline Jelman

• Trusted Admin
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
  • MC Username: GG JELMAN GG
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2017, 02:29 pm »
the rules are smeged, agreed.

it took me a month of constant smeging to get the BMD fixed

His Grace Snoop of House Dogg, first in his name; Kushleesi; The Unblazed; Brother of Green Dragon Sativas; embarks on a quest to reclaim Weedsteros

Offline pimpdaddy

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
  • MC Username: MRProproduction1
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2017, 05:10 pm »
Well am going to make my sort and sweet as god only knows you dont want to read my aids typeing
Spoiler
Here most played games right now Garry's Mod is at 41,608

so to people who say it dead well it not so dead. i think it come to point were people are happy to stay in there communities and not start new,
Spoiler
Something i found out while test gmod server
When i start gmod server to just play with with few mates i noticed that my server would fill up with bunch players and some would minge but rest would build some cool stuff so i change gamemode to Build&kill but as i did that it drop so changeing it back made the players rejoin so i dont think gmod dead it just boreing now for some
ByB i dont know ive only been here for about maybe 4y and i just joined with some mates to play and minge tiny bit but i left there group and stayed and ive enjoyed my time here but i think we might need to change games witch we play not just one new server in one game but a few as playing one game on one server get boreing fast so maybe GTAV,Rust,Space Onion,Minecraft, just handful of games i could think we would like to see

Byb Server = <3

If my grammer is crap edit that fine sorry :>

Offline Pantho

• Community Owner
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2017, 03:48 pm »
Images shiny, graph shiny, jelman smelly?

Offline DJSexualWonderBread

• Supporter
  • ByB Novice
  • If you ain't smeging smegs you ain't livin'
    • View Profile
  • MC Username: mlaurie019
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2017, 06:23 pm »
Nice graph, printers need a buff

Offline BlueNova

• ByB Staff & Helpers
  • ByB Novice
  • The most powerful force in the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2017, 10:40 pm »
Nice graph, printers need a buff

Don't be an idiot. It's not witty it just comes as you not really caring. If you don't care or don't really have anything constructive to add or say then I ask you to just not reply.

Offline Conor

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2017, 04:05 pm »
Not much development is happening at the moment with DarkRP. Some of us are currently working on a GTA 5 FiveM server.

Sorry if this is disappointing, but I want to be clear and concise with what's happening atm.

Offline Loqfrican

• Trusted Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Loqrin
    • View Profile
    • Loqrin Entertainment
  • MC Username: skytron908
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2017, 12:29 pm »
I joined ByB when the Easter Egg hunt was going on. That friendly competition- I immediately noticed that, and felt a sense of belonging when members such as Loqrin let me tag along to help him find Eggs planted around the map.

Was quite fun to tag ya along lol.

Not much development is happening at the moment with DarkRP. Some of us are currently working on a GTA 5 FiveM server.

Sorry if this is disappointing, but I want to be clear and concise with what's happening atm.

This.
Conor, Olicool and I (with the help of Jelman here and there) have been developing a GTA 5 FiveM Roleplay server, with custom scripts and all. Development is going good, and expect more information soon. With the development of this, it does not mean that the development of RP Rebirth has ended. It will continue and change in the future - do not worry.

Furthermore on GTA 5 FiveM, for those who don't know what it is it's basically a mod to GTA 5 that allows people to host dedicated servers and have custom scripts and models put onto the servers and obviously allowing other players to join the server through the server browser in the game. The scripting and such has allowed the opportunity to develop a roleplay gamemode - earn cash, buy cars, buy guns, rp with other people, do jobs, do illegal jobs, enrole for Police and EMT and much more things. Personally, it's been a great experience RPing with people on FiveM. Yes, it does require a microphone to RP - no text based RP. All in all, if you have a copy of GTA 5 (regardless if you're banned or not from GTA Online) you can download FiveM and hop onto the server once announced - I recommend it.

Offline Jelman

• Trusted Admin
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
  • MC Username: GG JELMAN GG
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2017, 02:36 pm »
> here and there

ok

His Grace Snoop of House Dogg, first in his name; Kushleesi; The Unblazed; Brother of Green Dragon Sativas; embarks on a quest to reclaim Weedsteros

Offline H20

• ByB Newbie
  • Its ye boi H20
    • View Profile
  • MC Username: sam12336020
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 10:28 pm »

I like the idea of this been waiting for a decent modded gta 5 server.
H20