December 11, 2017, 10:54 pm

Author Topic: Discussion  (Read 189 times)

Offline Deon

• ByB Champion
  • http://i.imgur.com/wdaqqTQ.gif
    • View Profile
  • MC Username: _Deon_
Discussion
« on: May 04, 2014, 05:48 pm »
I've been meaning to discuss this but have not had the opportunity to do so earlier. I had quite a few discussions with people who were "regulars" on both the ARMA 2 server and the Rust server prior to the affiliation with ByB, who decided to leave as a result of certain people (generally ByB-affiliated, I can name a few that I remember from the discussions but I'd most certainly forget to mention some, so I'll save the name-calling for now). It has generally been a result of their behavior and attitude towards other players that resulted in said players no longer wishing to play on the server.

Prior to the official ByB affiliation/release of the ARMA 2 server, it was quite popular, though tended to lose population after restarts but was gained once the filthy americans woke up from their greasy slumber. Upon the official affiliation, that averaged population lasted only a few days until it started to rapidly decrease. (This was prior to the official new map, which required ARMA 2 and Combined Operations, resulting in those who did not have both ((or ARMA2 FREE)) installed, could not play the mission and as such not join the server, which was another blow to the population decline.)

I talked to iProxy about this at the time, as I had personally received quite a few complaints regarding certain ByB Members (they were not pointed out as ByB Members unless they were staff on the server, but rather by name). This included both Supers, Trusted and other trash like Jamie and Jelman (these two specifically did cause quite a few people to no longer wish to play on the server, in their own words). The people who I had come to remember (i.e. regulars on the ARMA 2 server prior to official affiliation) contacted me both on the Forums, Teamspeak and on Steam and informed me of them "leaving" due to certain people as well as mentioning certain situations. Because they unfortunately did not have any video recordings of the various incidents, there was little I could do, but they did not come back.

Reason I am bringing this up for discussion is because multiple and various people reported and complained about the same people, as well as it also happening on the Rust server. The Rust server did however change IP and name (so some loss was inevitable), but we managed to keep the population surprisingly. However similar incidents occurred here regarding complaints about people from ByB. One different thing here is that some people from ByB did complain that Minty allowed people to exploit into bases, which I haven't had the change to talk to him or iProxy about yet.

I'm a bit distracted and in a hurry as I write this, so I may have missed some points, but the general impression that I have received regarding population decline of previously popular servers vs ByB Release, can, arguably, be connected to the behavior of certain individuals within ByB. Since iProxy, Adol and Shikari have been active on one or both servers, I'd like for you to share your input and thoughts regarding this.
I am currently not as active and available. Before you send me a PM, feel free to send one to other active root administrators as well in hopes for a quicker response! Active root administrators can be found here.

Offline Adol Gaisler

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
  • Fish
    • View Profile
  • MC Username: Bezad
Re: Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 09:13 pm »
Jamie and Jelman is cancer, all they do is troll/flame people. They play like they are above all and wont get punished, i guess they do because we have let them get away with too much. The ARMA server had/have alot of potential and i would love to see it populate again.

_____
|<><|
ŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Adol Gaisler

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
  • Fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 11:23 pm »
The new wasteland mod for ARMA 3 is realy nice, its very stable and can handel alot of players/bases. Might be worht looking into unless you're set on the stratis life idea.

_____
|<><|
ŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline iProxy

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
  • MC Username: iProxy1337
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 12:40 am »
The new wasteland mod for ARMA 3 is realy nice, its very stable and can handel alot of players/bases. Might be worht looking into unless you're set on the stratis life idea.

Honestly i never even tried that mod yet, ill have too try it out

Offline Adol Gaisler

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
  • Fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 09:58 pm »
JELMAN SUCKS

_____
|<><|
ŻŻŻŻŻ

Online BlueNova

• ByB Staff & Helpers
  • ByB Novice
  • The most powerful force in the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 10:13 pm »

Offline Loqfrican

• Trusted Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Loqrin
    • View Profile
    • Loqrin Entertainment
  • MC Username: skytron908