May 31, 2020, 07:42 pm

Author Topic: [Edit Rule] Unarmed RDM  (Read 739 times)

Offline TehP.I.M.P.

• Supporter
  • ByB Novice
  • RP5 admin
    • View Profile
[Edit Rule] Unarmed RDM
« on: September 28, 2012, 01:28 am »
Type: Edit and mod?
Involving rule: Unarmed RDM

Reason for suggestion: So when your raiding the people outside can kill you for hacking.  So lets say there standing there no guns out open the window and stare at you then when you do start hacking the keypad they shoot you...  Happens all the time.   I think if you are raiding and entering someones base you have the right to kill them.  There has been so many times I get into a base and a guy is just standing there and its just me so while I'm grabbing printers/shipments they walk up behind me and kill me.  Nothing you can do if its a spas or M3 point blank to the back of your head. 

Maybe have something that cops can't see if they don't have a warrant that says armed (does not say for pistols)? 
For example: How it normally shows above head with addition

Teh Killer
  Thief
 Armed

I know there may be some to a lot of coding to this but if you know there armed you can shoot.  I know most of you think unrealistic but not really.  I'm sure in real life you can see a M3 or spas or M4 on someones back...  Just saying kinda obvious. Also it does not show for pistols cause you can hid those in real life.   

Just and idea for future would be cool to have and probably first server to have this. 
Sorry for bad grammar kinda late for me so yea Goodnight

Thanks for reading this all
Nicholas
AKA Killer Smith

Offline Shinigami

• ByB Champion
    • View Profile
Re: [Edit Rule] Unarmed RDM
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 06:31 am »
There has been so many times I get into a base and a guy is just standing there and its just me so while I'm grabbing printers/shipments they walk up behind me and kill me. Nothing you can do if its a spas or M3 point blank to the back of your head.
What else could you do? "Hey thief leave or I'll call the police"

However there is also a rule in the MOTD covering this in a more logical way:
You may only kill an unarmed person with regards to RP reasons or if they are armed. A possible RP reason would be if you are robbing them, this has to be done through RP though. Or if raiding. If raiding ask them to turn around and face the wall. You are not allowed to kill them unless they are armed or calling 911 during that point. If they are however blocking your path and refusing to move, this is a reason permitting you to kill them.