June 02, 2020, 04:22 am

Author Topic: [Add Rule] AFK demote  (Read 1670 times)

Offline Alex_2259

• ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
[Add Rule] AFK demote
« on: March 18, 2013, 02:43 am »
In order to demote a player who is AFK you must wait until that player has been gone for 15+ minutes.
If the player is in a job that has 1-3 slots you may demote them in 5-10min

1 time some of my friends were being minges and i said /ooc AFK for 1min taking a piss and they /demoted me. i came back saying it was invalid but they said "afk is a valid demote" and sadly it is.

Offline Khan

• ByB Novice
  • I am stuck in the cycles of my guilt....
    • View Profile
Re: [Add Rule] AFK demote
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 02:52 am »
This has been discussed already, and the answer is no.
In my final days of existence, I wish not to see the sights that are testament to man, but rather I would give everything if I could ever briefly, leave this planet and see Earth as a astronaut does. Only then I could I begin to truly attempt to comprehend our insignificance as a species.

Offline Tschudy

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Tuh-Shoo-Dee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 03:12 am »
If you're gonna play the game, then play the game.  If you get pulled away from your computer for more than 5 minutes, thats your problem.
DO NOT send me a friend request unless you are a super or above.  I'm done folks!

Offline Crypto

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 12:36 am »
In order to demote a player who is AFK you must wait until that player has been gone for 15+ minutes.
If the player is in a job that has 1-3 slots you may demote them in 5-10min

1 time some of my friends were being minges and i said /ooc AFK for 1min taking a piss and they /demoted me. i came back saying it was invalid but they said "afk is a valid demote" and sadly it is.

-support

I'd +support a system that appended "- AFK" to someones job when they are afk for a good 10/15 mins. This would then allow you to demote them

Offline Chrissy

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 01:00 am »
I follow this
First check if you can see them in RP.
Then check if they are AFK. "// Alex_2259, are you AFK?"
If they reply then they're not AFK,duh.
If they dont reply then 2 minutes later "// Alex_2259, are you still AFK? If you are you will be demoted in 2 minutes"
Then finally
"// Alex_2259 I am demoting you for being AFK whilst taking up a full job slot."
/demote alex AFK >5 minutes

It's worth mentioning that demoting for AFK should only be used for when a particular job is full
inactive

Offline conn314

• ByB Rookie
  • Shall my basic law may not expire by 2047
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 07:56 am »
The big question is are you allowed to kick for MASSIVE AFK? the other day noodles kicked although im an admin for afk for several hours (i live abroad so i was trying to printers farm while i was asleep and nobody was on at the time)
북한은 가장 한국입니다!

Offline Danrox147

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Personal Text..........
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 09:19 am »
AFK kicks are stupid. I only think AFK demotes should be for the mayor if he is just hiding in his office for 20 mins and with no laws or anything.
If someone has a job you want you can just wait for a slot.
                                   ^^^^ Very True ^^^^

Offline Elite

• ByB Fanatic
  • Skkrrt bopp
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [Add Rule] AFK demote
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 10:54 am »
The big question is are you allowed to kick for MASSIVE AFK? the other day noodles kicked although im an admin for afk for several hours (i live abroad so i was trying to printers farm while i was asleep and nobody was on at the time)

That wasn't a valid kick then, you could have gathered some evidence and made a ticket.

Offline conn314

• ByB Rookie
  • Shall my basic law may not expire by 2047
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: [Add Rule] AFK demote
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 10:58 am »

That wasn't a valid kick then, you could have gathered some evidence and made a ticket.
I am a global admin how do i check loggings of kicks/bans
북한은 가장 한국입니다!

Offline Cole Train

• Supporter
  • ByB Champion
  • twitch.tv/rayleemental
    • View Profile
    • Jindai High
Re: Re: Re: Re: [Add Rule] AFK demote
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 01:43 pm »

YOU can't. You can check your console before you quit to see "local" logs.

Offline Kgwilson

• Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • who am i again?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 02:04 pm »

The only banlist that admins have access to is here, but this only logs bans and not kicks

Offline Deluxe

• ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 04:42 pm »

Make a ticket and say when it happened. I'm sure if you get a nice super they will check the logs.
Peace love and positvity.