October 15, 2019, 04:10 pm

Author Topic: [Add Rule] Ban on Hydraulic doors  (Read 3061 times)

Offline AdamS

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
[Add Rule] Ban on Hydraulic doors
« on: April 20, 2013, 07:02 pm »
Type: Add
Info: Ban Hydraulic doors.

Reason for suggestion: Gives a unfair advantage for people basing, cops cant breach it.
Suggestion as to what should be added specifically in the MOTD (What the MOTD should say):
"You cannot make E2/Raid entrance out of Hydraulics."

Pros: Levels the playing field again for cops and gangs.

Cons: People will just wine that this happened.

Other info: Its plain annoying seeing this allowed, i mean i could just re-add my E2 that blocked the use of battery rams and ill get in trouble for that yet i can make hydraulic door entrances  and its fine?

Offline Awesomesauce

• ByB Champion
  • Goodbye Banana. I already miss you :(
    • View Profile
Re: [Add Rule] Ban on Hydraulic doors
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 07:10 pm »
It's a strategic tactic. -support on my part.

Offline AdamS

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 07:16 pm »
It's a strategic tactic. -support on my part.
So was using multiple props for a fading door. Or adding a simple line to a E2 door to block the use of battering rams. But both of them are now illegal.

Offline Awesomesauce

• ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 07:17 pm »
Because it uses many props.

Offline AdamS

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 07:21 pm »
And the E2 script?

Offline Awesomesauce

• ByB Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [Add Rule] Ban on Hydraulic doors
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 07:25 pm »
And the E2 script?
What's with it? It's not like that would be really bad.

Offline RedBull

• Supporter
  • ByB Newbie
  • Loyal Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 08:22 pm »
Surely if you have the skills to make a working wire hydraulic you should be able to use it

Offline AdamS

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 08:58 pm »
Surely if you have the skills to make a working wire hydraulic you should be able to use it
I can say the same about E2 but apparently they thought otherwise.

Offline Vucy-Frost

• ByB Novice
  • -=Frost=-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 09:06 pm »
e2 - the coding was just an instant unfade once the cops hit it...the hydraulics seems more realistic in my opinion, like an actual "hidden door" would have in a movie or something. e2 - instant  fade and unfade, hydraulic - door actually moves for you to enter. I agree with Redbull...due to the fact that I play on rp4 a lot and I've never seen a working hydraulic entrance door for a raid, yet.

-Support

Offline Alex_2259

• ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 09:59 pm »
+support
But bypassing the battery ram is illegal altogether now so.....

Offline Mvpkillerz4

• Supporter
  • ByB Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 10:04 pm »
+support
But bypassing the battery ram is illegal altogether now so.....

So realistic hydraulic doors are not real no more ? Wtf , This should be allowed, its a counter defense, if we got no way to defend against cops, everyone is going to be cops all the time, and no not everyone can have a gang of 8 people all the time unlike some people

- SUPPORT

Offline StupidWeasel

• Supporter
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
    • Moustaches through the ages: A Historial Account of Facial Hair
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 11:05 pm »
The way to defend against cops is not to get caught. Things have been unbalanced so long, folks expect to be able to make a printer carrying conga line across the map then hide away in their fortress of doom and not have to worry about the repercussions.

Realistically speaking if law enforcement (especially including Swat) want to get into a building, they're going to get into the building. Heck, a real world organized gang realistically has the means to get into any building (getting away with it is another matter).

If you don't want to get raided, be sneaky when raiding others. Have someone watching out for the police or maybe have a couple of members of your crew raiding not added to the E2/World Doors so if the raid goes wrong, it cant be traced back so easily. Don't have a giant text screen, easily viewable from a window, showing how awesome you are at printer farming. Similarly, don't have your illegal goods on display - there is nothing wrong with putting a large phx plate up as a wall between your entrance and your safe (with it's clear coloured front showing off those printers, you vain person you).

FunnyClaps

Offline Freddie

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 03:17 am »
The way to defend against cops is not to get caught. Things have been unbalanced so long, folks expect to be able to make a printer carrying conga line across the map then hide away in their fortress of doom and not have to worry about the repercussions.

Realistically speaking if law enforcement (especially including Swat) want to get into a building, they're going to get into the building. Heck, a real world organized gang realistically has the means to get into any building (getting away with it is another matter).

If you don't want to get raided, be sneaky when raiding others. Have someone watching out for the police or maybe have a couple of members of your crew raiding not added to the E2/World Doors so if the raid goes wrong, it cant be traced back so easily. Don't have a giant text screen, easily viewable from a window, showing how awesome you are at printer farming. Similarly, don't have your illegal goods on display - there is nothing wrong with putting a large phx plate up as a wall between your entrance and your safe (with it's clear coloured front showing off those printers, you vain person you).

Exactly how it should be. Please add this weasel ;( And yeah, +support to this whole idea, I think the rule should be cops must be able to access your safe with its good in 3 ram hits. This avoid any more confusion and people slipping around the rules.

Offline Moosaphine

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
  • I am amazing xo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 12:38 pm »
I like using hydraulics for shops.

-Support
Jamie : Oli we are so having a LAN party soon
... wait, Oli can you get up stairs?
*Facepalm*

Offline Cole Train

• Supporter
  • ByB Champion
  • twitch.tv/rayleemental
    • View Profile
    • Jindai High
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 01:02 pm »
I like using hydraulics for shops.

-Support
I think this would more apply to hydraulic E2 doors then other forms of hydraulic goodness. Would keep people from closing E2 doors, not from making a show with them.