May 29, 2020, 07:37 am

Author Topic: [Add Rule] MP7 Reloading sound spam  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Awesomesauce

• ByB Champion
  • Goodbye Banana. I already miss you :(
    • View Profile
[Add Rule] MP7 Reloading sound spam
« on: May 06, 2013, 02:14 am »
Type: Add
Info: A rule against spamming the MP7 reloading sound.
Reason for suggestion: Well, there has been times where people spam it so badly I muted my sound. It's annoying and you can hear it from across the map and it's a bug that can't be fixed afaik.
Suggestion as to what should be added specifically in the MOTD (What the MOTD should say): "Spamming the reload sound will get you demoted/kicked/banned if done extensively.
Pros: It'll stop the bloody sound spam and you can easily detect who would be doing it.
Cons: Much QQ to people who love to annoy others.
Server specific: All really.
Other info: For the love of God I can seriously feel myself getting a headache whenever I can hear it being spammed. It's quite literally the most annoying sound in the world.

Thanks in advance even if it won't get implented.

Edit: As Kgwilson said to me in admin chat, a few seconds between reload time would also help with a few lines of coding.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 02:18 am by Lady Failsomesauce »

Offline Kgwilson

• Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • who am i again?
    • View Profile
Re: [Add Rule] MP7 Reloading sound spam
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 02:20 am »
Type: Add
Info: A rule against spamming the MP7 reloading sound.
Reason for suggestion: Well, there has been times where people spam it so badly I muted my sound. It's annoying and you can hear it from across the map and it's a bug that can't be fixed afaik.
Suggestion as to what should be added specifically in the MOTD (What the MOTD should say): "Spamming the reload sound will get you demoted/kicked/banned if done extensively.
Pros: It'll stop the bloody sound spam and you can easily detect who would be doing it.
Cons: Much QQ to people who love to annoy others.
Server specific: All really.
Other info: For the love of God I can seriously feel myself getting a headache whenever I can hear it being spammed. It's quite literally the most annoying sound in the world.

Thanks in advance even if it won't get implented.

Edit: As Kgwilson said to me in admin chat, a few seconds between reload time would also help with a few lines of coding.
They know that already I think idk. theres probably a reason why it hasn't been implemented, but I couldn't see what would hurt if you guys made the mp7 reload when the button is first pressed (aka does nothing after the initial press) I think this would fix it, provided no complications

Offline Freddie

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 03:49 am »
Pantho doesn't like to edit the sweps, I might try to edit it myself, with my friends help. And I sometimes punish players for this if its excessive. I warn them several times, then slap, then slay. Its minor so I go through a lot of warnings, but it goes under the rule of common sense and if they are purposely ruining everyone else's role-play I don't see why they should not be punished.

If I'm wrong, correct me and I will stop.

Offline Jelman

• Jelmani
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 03:51 am »
Technically the sound spam comes along with the insta reload bug.

His Grace Snoop of House Dogg, first in his name; Kushleesi; The Unblazed; Brother of Green Dragon Sativas; embarks on a quest to reclaim Weedsteros

Offline Sergei Prokofiev

• ByB Fanatic
  • Seyr-Jee Pro-Kaw-Fee-Ohv
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 07:11 am »
but it goes under the rule of common sense and if they are purposely ruining everyone else's role-play I don't see why they should not be punished.

Yeah, Red, I agree.  It might as well be added.  No good reason not to.  Reminds me a bit of the time when propclimbing wasn't in the MOTD.
From time to time, when it's really cold outside, I like to breathe very deeply and pretend that I am a train.

Offline Monkey Bob

• Supporter
  • ByB Novice
  • She caught me bathing. I killed her.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 08:06 am »
i See no point of adding a rule about spam.. All spam is banable. The end.

Offline Mr.Salmon

• ByB Novice
  • The Supreme UnderLord :c
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 10:23 am »
the reload sound is not that irritating as the shooting sound itself. The shooting sound is so loud that I can hear my self think
Nomad? More like no damage you mad -Lexi 2013
Rest in Peace RP 3 <3

Offline Awesomesauce

• ByB Champion
  • Goodbye Banana. I already miss you :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 10:41 am »
And there's this one thing on RP4. Like Jelman said, insta reload. You can shoot and reload at the same time and it'll instantly reload so you can spam it really badly. Someone with over 5k extra bullets did this once, the whole server was annoyed to hell and back.

Offline Cole Train

• Supporter
  • ByB Champion
  • twitch.tv/rayleemental
    • View Profile
    • Jindai High
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 11:34 am »
And there's this one thing on RP4. Like Jelman said, insta reload. You can shoot and reload at the same time and it'll instantly reload so you can spam it really badly. Someone with over 5k extra bullets did this once, the whole server was annoyed to hell and back.
Punish them then. Spam is spam is spam

Offline Freddie

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [Add Rule] MP7 Reloading sound spam
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 01:20 pm »
but it goes under the rule of common sense and if they are purposely ruining everyone else's role-play I don't see why they should not be punished.

Yeah, Red, I agree.  It might as well be added.  No good reason not to.  Reminds me a bit of the time when propclimbing wasn't in the MOTD.

No, eggy, I dont think they need to add this rule. Yes it would cause no harm, but would it not be better to just fix it? It kinda makes ByB look bad, since you are saying we have a bug, dont abuse it, it could be fixed, and probably will be some time in the future. I think leave it as it is, common sense, good to see you on the forums though eggy :D

Offline Sergei Prokofiev

• ByB Fanatic
  • Seyr-Jee Pro-Kaw-Fee-Ohv
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 09:14 pm »
Of course, Red.  On second thought, if soundspamming by knocking on someone's door is illegal, this would be encompassed by the same rule, no?
From time to time, when it's really cold outside, I like to breathe very deeply and pretend that I am a train.