March 28, 2020, 06:16 pm

Author Topic: Can someone explain this rule?  (Read 997 times)

Offline Mc Swagings

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
Can someone explain this rule?
« on: May 11, 2013, 04:15 pm »
"Base rule is that enemies must be able to get to your valuables within 3 keypad cracks" Does this mean if there is a box with a printer in can i have two fading doors and one for the box or can you have three fading doors and one to the safe. Let's say it is on the last keypad crack does that have to open a room with all valuables ? Or can you have a shipment of p90 in one box witch is the 3 crack and still have a keypad in to a box with ex Nano flex?

-Mc Swagins.

Offline Slurpre

• ByB Fanatic
  • I slurp real good.
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone explain this rule?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 04:27 pm »
Players must be able to enter your base by cracking 2 keypads ONLY. This means that your safe can't be used as an additional entry keypad with shooting windows etc.

So:

*2 Keypads for entering the base (8 seconds)
*1 Keypad for a safe (Toggled)
Let's say it is on the last keypad crack does that have to open a room with all valuables ? Or can you have a shipment of p90 in one box witch is the 3 crack and still have a keypad in to a box with ex Nano flex?

It's pretty neatly explained in the !MOTD

You can ONLY have 2 doors (+ one toggled safe), meaning no 5 sets of doors with buttons etc.
This means that a person must be able to get into your base completely by only hacking 2 keypads excluding the safe. The same rule applies for leaving, 2 keypads or buttons out.
You may have 1 extra keypad for a safe which must be set to toggle. This applies to the whole base, not each individual player basing there. Bankers, however, may have up to 5 safes

Offline Mc Swagings

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 05:28 pm »
 So can you not have your own safe you got to share it with the people you live with?

Offline StupidWeasel

• Supporter
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
    • Moustaches through the ages: A Historial Account of Facial Hair
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 05:48 pm »
So can you not have your own safe you got to share it with the people you live with?
Correct. If you want to separate the players items, the best course of action is to build a large safe & have shelves/storage for each player within that safe. As an alternative, you could have  one clearly visible central keypad toggle multiple doors.

FunnyClaps

Offline Loqfrican

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Loqrin
    • View Profile
    • Loqrin Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 06:02 pm »
As Slurpe said.

You may only have TWO (2) keypad doors which are your entrance doors. The keypads MUST be set to eight (8) seconds.

You may then have a extra keypad for your safe which MUST be on toggle. This safe may not be a extra entrance door and may not have shooting windows.

I've drawn a diagram for you in Photoshop if it helps you.

Offline Mc Swagings

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 12:51 pm »
Then there is just two things I want to know.

1: Can you have like five boxes with a fading door but a button insded of a keypad?
2: If fading the fading doors/safe is to the building not the player does that mean if you own two places can you have two fading doors and a safe at one place and another safe in your ex apartment?

Offline Vito DeLuca

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • 4M > Yours
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 01:28 pm »
Then there is just two things I want to know.

1: Can you have like five boxes with a fading door but a button insded of a keypad?
2: If fading the fading doors/safe is to the building not the player does that mean if you own two places can you have two fading doors and a safe at one place and another safe in your ex apartment?
Not sure what you mean by boxes. You're only allowed to own one building. Cannot own a warehouse and an apartment.

Offline Mc Swagings

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 01:30 pm »
Ohh ok but I mean like a safe but not with keypad with button and fading door.

Offline Vito DeLuca

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • 4M > Yours
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 01:31 pm »
Ohh ok but I mean like a safe but not with keypad with button and fading door.
If you're asking if you may have a safe with a button to show the keypad, as long as the button is not hidden I don't see why not.

Offline Mc Swagings

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 01:35 pm »
No like a safe with a "safe" in but instead of keypad on the second safe has a button

Offline Slurpre

• ByB Fanatic
  • I slurp real good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 02:19 pm »
No like a safe with a "safe" in but instead of keypad on the second safe has a button

No, having 5 sets of buttons or 5 sets of keypads counts as the same according to !motd.

You can ONLY have 2 doors (+ one toggled safe), meaning no 5 sets of doors with buttons etc.