June 02, 2020, 03:37 am

Poll

Do you agree? (Chose 1 option, you may change your mind, but I prefer to not immediately show results so people make up their own mind)

Author Topic: Admin disrespect - politness  (Read 743 times)

Offline Freddie

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
Admin disrespect - politness
« on: June 06, 2013, 04:38 pm »
I think a new section should be added about admin disrespect. It shouldn't be a strict rule, just a guideline.

My problem is, players don't understand how administration works. Admins pay for their role, they should not in any way be forced to answer reports. In addition to this, it should be stated how reports should be structured. With a reason, and mentioning the culprits. It frustrates me when people say "ADMIN NOW" or "ADMIN" and "WHY DON'T YOU DO YOUR JOB AND RESPOND?". I answer reports when I feel up to it. However, at times when there are plenty of admins on and I feel stressed, I don't think I should respond to some of the reports because:

A. The reports are rude and demanding.
B. I want a break.
C. I don't feel I would make a good job of the report while I am stressed.

I hate when people do this, its like they think we have been gifted the role of admin or are even paid to administrate. Don't get me wrong - I love to answer the reports, but when people can't even say please, it smegs me off. Perhaps just a little MOTD section telling people to be polite and that they should structure there report with some care, respect and make it clear what the problem is please?

Offline Sneaky Bastard

• ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Admin disrespect - politness
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 04:53 pm »
While I play for you the world's smallest violin, I offer a sincere solution.

If a player makes a report and you're roleplaying/circle jerking/printer farming/watching Deon rub cream on his nipples, ignore it! However if the report isn't minor I would recommend going to it.

Now for the players spamming /report and all that jazz, just politely warn them that you'll savagely destroy their hind end if they continue. If they continue, treat them as you would treat any chat spammer.

Offline LucidCow

• ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Admin disrespect - politness
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 05:31 pm »
While I play for you the world's smallest violin, I offer a sincere solution.

If a player makes a report and you're roleplaying/circle jerking/printer farming/watching Deon rub cream on his nipples, ignore it! However if the report isn't minor I would recommend going to it.

Now for the players spamming /report and all that jazz, just politely warn them that you'll savagely destroy their hind end if they continue. If they continue, treat them as you would treat any chat spammer.

This^ I think instead of a MOTD section, a small message should appear after a persons 3rd report in a short time period explaining reports from the admin's side like this post does. If they continue to spam after their 3rd report, just do what sneaky said :)