October 20, 2019, 03:40 am

Author Topic: Blurry Textures (Clientside)  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Alex_2259

• ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
Blurry Textures (Clientside)
« on: July 14, 2013, 12:47 am »
It looks fine on other computers so I know this is just some client-side error. I posted screenshots to show what I am talking about. When I look right out a wall or other world object very close it looks fine but when I walk away it looks all blurry. (I have tried changing the field of view)
NOTE: I run GMod on medium to high settings with good FPS

What I have tried
Adjusting texture quality
Color filer (did not try everything there)
copying the settings from another computer where it works
Changing the resolution
Disabling those color effect things like motion blur and stuff (in the Q menu)
Updating DirectX

System Specs: Acer Aspire 5745-6492
Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz (Duel Core)

Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics (I3) (1755MB display memory) I hate this card -_-

Total RAM: 4 GB

500gb Hard-Drive

Offline Racr1425

Re: Blurry Textures (Clientside)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 12:51 am »
It looks to me like your draw/render distance is very low. you can see a high quality circle around you when you look at your feet.

Offline Alex_2259

• ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 01:00 am »
It looks to me like your draw/render distance is very low. you can see a high quality circle around you when you look at your feet.

Yeah, I just ajusted the field of view and no luck. I was on the downtown map in singleplayer trying more things but nothing worked.

Offline StupidWeasel

• Supporter
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
    • Moustaches through the ages: A Historial Account of Facial Hair
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 02:05 am »
Repeated research by me has shown this effect is often caused by accelerated ethanol intake impairing neurological functions resulting in weakened coordination of the extraocular muscles.

Failing that, are you absolutely sure you do not have the depth of field effects on? From the screenshots, it looks a lot like that - does the blurriness vanish when you move closer to the objects? You should see the "edge" of the effect as things come into focus, if you inch forward slowly.

FunnyClaps

Offline Jelman

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 02:10 am »
seems texture and model detail are not on recommended settings but that shouldn't be the problem

His Grace Snoop of House Dogg, first in his name; Kushleesi; The Unblazed; Brother of Green Dragon Sativas; embarks on a quest to reclaim Weedsteros

Offline olicool11

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Fanatic
  • TEM NAMLEJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 09:32 am »
Repeated research by me has shown this effect is often caused by accelerated ethanol intake impairing neurological functions resulting in weakened coordination of the extraocular muscles.
I concur, this is the most likely cause of low quality textures or excessive motion blur

Offline Alex_2259

• ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 09:47 pm »
I concur, this is the most likely cause of low quality textures or excessive motion blur

Is there a way to stop motion blur or fix the textures?

Offline Jelman

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 10:21 pm »

Is there a way to stop motion blur or fix the textures?

Backup your smeg and verify game files

His Grace Snoop of House Dogg, first in his name; Kushleesi; The Unblazed; Brother of Green Dragon Sativas; embarks on a quest to reclaim Weedsteros

Offline Alex_2259

• ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 05:45 pm »
@Jelman I tried that, no luck

Next I am gonna try to reinstall my GMod and re-install my display drivers.