April 06, 2020, 11:29 pm

Poll

Tired of a single gang dominating the server?

Yes!
No!
Other Yes!

Author Topic: [Rule Change] Gang Job Limit / Overall Gang limit  (Read 3364 times)

Offline Cole Train

• Supporter
  • ByB Champion
  • twitch.tv/rayleemental
    • View Profile
    • Jindai High
Re: [Rule Change] Gang Job Limit / Overall Gang limit
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 03:12 pm »
How about you integrate gang support into the server itself with a tab in F4, require people to use that if they want to gang together, and then force the limiting requirements on the gang support. IE players must invite people into a gang using F4, people in a gang together have the first word of their job forced to their gang name, the gang member only allows a certain amount of players in based on a formula and only lets BMDs in when the requirements are met, if the pop of the server drops the most recent gang member is kicked from the gang automatically, the gang creator can kick anyone from the gang in the F4 menu.

Offline Tschudy

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Tuh-Shoo-Dee
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 03:15 pm »
How about you integrate gang support into the server itself with a tab in F4, require people to use that if they want to gang together, and then force the limiting requirements on the gang support. IE players must invite people into a gang using F4, people in a gang together have the first word of their job forced to their gang name, the gang member only allows a certain amount of players in based on a formula and only lets BMDs in when the requirements are met, if the pop of the server drops the most recent gang member is kicked from the gang automatically, the gang creator can kick anyone from the gang in the F4 menu.

Right now im just trying to get a change to the rules, not an entirely new system.
DO NOT send me a friend request unless you are a super or above.  I'm done folks!

Offline Sergei Prokofiev

• ByB Fanatic
  • Seyr-Jee Pro-Kaw-Fee-Ohv
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 07:10 pm »

Right now im just trying to get a change to the rules, not an entirely new system.
I do say that, if this were implemented (Which I do support), we really ought to test out how well this would balance the ByB gang situation before putting the coders to work immediately.  This would, however, be a good idea if this turned out to work well.
From time to time, when it's really cold outside, I like to breathe very deeply and pretend that I am a train.

Offline StupidWeasel

• Supporter
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
    • Moustaches through the ages: A Historial Account of Facial Hair
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2013, 02:43 am »
If we're going to start getting too technical about which jobs may make up a gang, then it's something that should really be enforced by the gamemode rather then the MOTD (something along the lines of Cole's suggestion). Certainly it's something that's being considered.

FunnyClaps