April 06, 2020, 05:15 am

Author Topic: [Sticky] Rules Clarifications  (Read 2876 times)

Offline Tschudy

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Tuh-Shoo-Dee
    • View Profile
[Sticky] Rules Clarifications
« on: September 07, 2013, 03:57 pm »
Due to increasing necessary arbitration (i.e. supers and roots having to make judgement calls) I'm trying to compile a list of rulings made by various sources.

Please post any of the rulings you feel are needed as well as the source of said ruling, a link to a thread/ticket/image would be preferred but the admin's name and STEAM ID should suffice.

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR DISCUSSION, this is only to create a reference for arbitrary rule clarifications.

Items will be added to this list as necessary.  Be aware, these are not direct quotes.

1.  Admins must have the permission of the other party when using !goto or !bring on another admin of equal or higher rank.  -StupidWeasel

2.  Just like swearing, racism and homophobic remarks are allowed, within reason, for in-character situations.  -Pantho

3.  The size of a shooting window may be extended in any direction so long as there is still the outlined 2x8 horizontal sectioned shown in the MOTD.  -Deon

4.  Trail E2s are not allowed. -StupidWeasel

5.  Kill-on-Sight signs are not permitted.  -Most roots

6.  Shipments of Ammo, Armor, and Medkits are by default legal items and may not be taken by police during a raid.  -StupidWeasel

7. Laws banning hobos from being on the surface are not allowed.  StupidWeasel

8. Playing music over the mic is fine as long as anyone who doesn't want to listen to it is not forced to.

9. Police may issue a warrant for gunfire or printer explosion but not for the sound or sight of the printer's fire.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:00 pm by Tschudy »
DO NOT send me a friend request unless you are a super or above.  I'm done folks!

Offline Bandicoot

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Doot for deer!
    • View Profile
Re: [Sticky] Rules Clarifications
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 04:09 pm »
4. Trail E2s are illegal. -StupidWeasel

Note: this is not a rule suggestion thread. Only post a rule clarification if you have confirmed it, preferably via root.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:15 pm by Bambicoot »

Offline Sergei Prokofiev

• ByB Fanatic
  • Seyr-Jee Pro-Kaw-Fee-Ohv
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 04:17 pm »
5. KOS signs are not allowed. -Nearly All Roots

This may have already been added while I wasn't looking, I will check now.

Edit: Nope, can't find it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:20 pm by Sergei Prokofiev »
From time to time, when it's really cold outside, I like to breathe very deeply and pretend that I am a train.

Offline AdamS

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 05:34 pm »

Offline Monkey Bob

• Supporter
  • ByB Novice
  • She caught me bathing. I killed her.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 05:41 am »
Banning hobo's completly from surface is illegal. ~lovely weasel.

Offline Bandicoot

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Doot for deer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 06:01 am »
Playing music is acceptable if it is done in such a way in which only players that wish to hear it can hear it. (In other words; Playing music without forcing it onto unwilling participants) - Deon & perhaps one or two others.

Offline Freddie

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 04:58 pm »
You may not react to fires as if they where printers, if you wish to warrent for printers, wait until you hear the explosion before you warrant - Root, and common sense since glass can burn (most people aren't aware of this)

Offline Tschudy

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Tuh-Shoo-Dee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 01:42 am »
Just a friendly remind that this thread IS NOT for discussion regarding these rule clarifications.  Please take the discussion elsewhere.
DO NOT send me a friend request unless you are a super or above.  I'm done folks!

Offline T

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • I love you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 09:18 pm »
4. Trail E2s are illegal. -StupidWeasel

Note: this is not a rule suggestion thread. Only post a rule clarification if you have confirmed it, preferably via root.

Trail E2s are legal whilst AoD. -Deon

Been a couple of months since he told me this though.

Offline Moosaphine

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
  • I am amazing xo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 06:18 am »
Don't know why you deleted my comment

Nor do I know why you PMed me a further clarification to that rule, it will make it a lot easier if you said it on here so you wouldn't have to PM every person that asks

What it means is that an officer can make a warrant if he hears gunfire or a printer explosion, but cannot make a warrant for the printer catching fire because the sound bugs out and because the fire effect clips thorough walls/props.
Jamie : Oli we are so having a LAN party soon
... wait, Oli can you get up stairs?
*Facepalm*

Offline AdamS

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 02:41 pm »
From the high ruler pantho.

Offline Sky (Anti IngSoc)

• ByB Champion
  • Doubleplusgood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 02:55 pm »
From Deon:

Quote from: Doen
Pretty basic, it is to specify that a certain individual who has committed a crime in the presence of law enforcement is wanted. With that said, you may wanted someone once you can confirm that they've committed a crime. If they bail on you and start running/speeding away and you are in pursuit, you may re-wanted them if it expires during pursuit.

Seeing how the question is as to when/if one can re-wanted a person once the wanted has expired and what it is dependent on is fairly simple. As long as the pursuit is on-going, i.e. you are pursuing an individual, they are to be considered wanted, meaning if it expires, you can re-wanted them or have someone else do it for you.

If you however lose sight of a person and the wanted expires, you may still wanted them one last time. (NOTE: This does not mean that you are to re-wanted someone 5 minutes later, but as soon as the wanted expires, and you've lost sight of them; you can issue a wanted for their person). If you were to gain sight of them again, the process repeats itself. If they remain "hidden" from cops until the final wanted has expired, they are absolved of their crimes.

TL:DR

You may re-wanted during pursuit and a final time upon losing sight, i.e. the final acting much like a "wanted poster". If you see them again during that final wanted, it all starts over again. If they however remain hidden until wanted expires; you may not wanted them for their past crimes.
"I used it as an administrator for 29 days the last hour of my day I smegtastic have everyone get on there knees and bow down to my feet you smeg" "You dont even know the satisfaction of them getting on their knees to me"
-Sgt. Panda, the Rogue Admin, minutes before he was forum banned.  GG.