June 02, 2020, 03:41 am

Author Topic: [Add Rule] The demotion of a "bad mayor"  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Alex_2259

• ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
[Add Rule] The demotion of a "bad mayor"
« on: September 18, 2013, 10:57 pm »
Simple suggestion, part of it IS a rule I believe.

Unless the mayor is completely insane and clearly can't RP you may not demote him without RP.

You must convince the townspeople that the mayor IS bad and not just get 2 or 3 people to agree with you, once you assemble a group of people you cannot magically /demote him and he is gone, most people in the US wish that would work on Obama.

After assembling this group you must actually kill the mayor OR demote him if all his cops quit (regime collapsed)

Reason this should be added:
I have seen someone make 1 advert and not put effort into it and demoted the mayor just so someone from a gang could make all guns legal.

Feel free to give constructive criticism.

Offline Sergei Prokofiev

• ByB Fanatic
  • Seyr-Jee Pro-Kaw-Fee-Ohv
    • View Profile
Re: [Add Rule] The demotion of a "bad mayor"
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 12:22 am »
But at what point is the line to be drawn?  Is allowing citizens to own shotguns enough to /demote mayor CORRUPT or do they have to make "JAYWALKING IS KOS!" before you can skip the RP?  And what is actually considered RP? Writing a list of grievances and sending it to the mayor or just /advert "REVOLUTION!" and shoot the mayor in the face then /demote mayor Assassinated?  Is assassinating the mayor enough to demote for?
From time to time, when it's really cold outside, I like to breathe very deeply and pretend that I am a train.

Offline Alex_2259

• ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 12:32 am »
But at what point is the line to be drawn?  Is allowing citizens to own shotguns enough to /demote mayor CORRUPT or do they have to make "JAYWALKING IS KOS!" before you can skip the RP?  And what is actually considered RP? Writing a list of grievances and sending it to the mayor or just /advert "REVOLUTION!" and shoot the mayor in the face then /demote mayor Assassinated?  Is assassinating the mayor enough to demote for?

Just my opinion:

To RP against the mayor you must first calmly ask him to change the laws, if he refuses give some Anti-Government speeches. If you are the only one who hates him then it is a no-go. If you get support then keep it up. If you have a reason (The mayor refusing to change an unfair laws is valid) then find and kill him or hire a hitman. Get your group of rebels and raid the PD to get to him.

Screaming REBELLION! and then killing the mayor is RDM

Starting the war W/O purpose is also FailRP

Another form of RP: Mayor: All showgwns r leegalz

Assuming you are a CP go on strike, get your other fellow cops in on it and change jobs. No cops = easy to rebel and kill mayor or /demote because his regime collapsed and he has no cops to defend him in the event of a civil war so in reality no government and just one guy claiming he is the leader - the government isn't in existence.

The rebels don't always need to be the good guys, they can be communists or terrorists or whatever you want assuming you assemble it. 

Assassinating the mayor:

That is not a valid demote unless there is a widly supporter rebellion in progress, 1 hitman killing the mayor with 2 mayor haters online won't cut it. This all sounds complex but is simple if common sense is used.

completely Unreasonable/invalid laws are any law that goes against the MOTD = bypass RP and /demote

A "No Jaywalking" mayor without crosswalks would count as restricting the map which is against the rules.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 12:34 am by Alex__2259 »

Offline Sky (Anti IngSoc)

• ByB Champion
  • Doubleplusgood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 01:11 am »
The mayor can't make all guns legal; it's part of the default rules that all heavy guns are illegal.  Demote him for being corrupt.

I tend to roleplay a coup if the mayor is making laws that are idiotic.  I'll either not enforce said laws, or trap the mayor in a room and demand he remove the law at gunpoint, or demote him.
"I used it as an administrator for 29 days the last hour of my day I smegtastic have everyone get on there knees and bow down to my feet you smeg" "You dont even know the satisfaction of them getting on their knees to me"
-Sgt. Panda, the Rogue Admin, minutes before he was forum banned.  GG.

Offline Shadow422

• Supporter
  • ByB Novice
  • Milling around the forums now and then
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 03:07 am »
Starting the war W/O purpose is also FailRP

Aww, you were doing so good until that point.

Offline Sergei Prokofiev

• ByB Fanatic
  • Seyr-Jee Pro-Kaw-Fee-Ohv
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 11:02 am »
The mayor can't make all guns legal; it's part of the default rules that all heavy guns are illegal.  Demote him for being corrupt.
Where does it say that heavy guns are always illegal?  Just wondering, couldn't find it.
From time to time, when it's really cold outside, I like to breathe very deeply and pretend that I am a train.

Offline Fatboy426

• ByB Rookie
  • Fatboy thinks that Spriggs really sucks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 11:29 am »
It's a good idea and a bad idea at the same time, because you can always demote a mayor if the laws aren't up or if he is breaking rules. But all you got to do us give the mayor a warning, that's all.  ;).

Offline Sky (Anti IngSoc)

• ByB Champion
  • Doubleplusgood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 11:56 am »
Where does it say that heavy guns are always illegal?  Just wondering, couldn't find it.
Heavy weapons are automatically illegal, it's in the MOTD.
"I used it as an administrator for 29 days the last hour of my day I smegtastic have everyone get on there knees and bow down to my feet you smeg" "You dont even know the satisfaction of them getting on their knees to me"
-Sgt. Panda, the Rogue Admin, minutes before he was forum banned.  GG.

Offline Cole Train

• Supporter
  • ByB Champion
  • twitch.tv/rayleemental
    • View Profile
    • Jindai High
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 04:21 pm »
Heavy weapons are automatically illegal, it's in the MOTD.

Automatically illegal, so then by default. That doesn't mean they are always illegal