March 28, 2020, 05:43 pm

Author Topic: It is not permitted to issue 1 day ban for leaving to avoid punishment  (Read 4580 times)

Offline Deon

• ByB Champion
  • http://i.imgur.com/wdaqqTQ.gif
    • View Profile
Recently, while undercover, I've come across a lot of administrators advocating that it is an instant day ban if a user disconnects during an administrative situation (i.e. brought by an admin, requested by an admin in order to answer for an alleged rulebreak reported by another user, or prior to punishment of said rulebreaks being issued). This is very similar to the "disrespect as a ban reason"-incident we had prior.

My attempts to figure out the source of these rumors, as many point to "a superadmin told me", without clarifying or providing an identity of said superadmin, have not presented any advocate or initiator.

However, this is
false. It is not against the rules to disconnect at any time, and never has been. (This is also related to a primary past issue of specifically Gmod crashing due to its instability, and receiving an instant day punishment as a result of that is simply not fair). You are NOT permitted to issue instant day bans irregardless of the rules broken if said user were to disconnect/lose connection during an administrative situation. Doing so in the future, or punishing for anything else that is NOT against the rules (in regards to our DarkRP rules found here), WILL result in an admin warning being issued. You are to punish a user for the rules that they have broken, nothing else!

Any superadmin advocating similar things that are not officially declared or not part of ByB's Rules will suffer the same, if not worse, consequences. Each situation will be discussed between the Root Staff in regards to the potential outcome of said superadmin.

If you are uncertain or have a question about anything, be this rules, in regards to appropriate punishment to be issued, do post a topic about it in our
Suggestions and Questions board. This is so that Root administrators can properly answer your question or clarify an uncertainty.

And to remind you all once again, your administrative powers are there to punish users for the specific rules that they have broken. That is IT. If you believe something should be added to the rules, post and discuss it in our
MOTD Revision board.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:44 pm by StupidWeasel »
I am currently not as active and available. Before you send me a PM, feel free to send one to other active root administrators as well in hopes for a quicker response! Active root administrators can be found here.

Offline Tschudy

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Tuh-Shoo-Dee
    • View Profile
Gotta be honest, I was one of the supers that tended to do that.  Never got any complaints on it though
DO NOT send me a friend request unless you are a super or above.  I'm done folks!

Offline Awesomesauce

• ByB Champion
  • Goodbye Banana. I already miss you :(
    • View Profile
I think I unfortunatly did this a few times. Usually I did let them if I was talking to them and they disconnected.
I''d get asked like "Why don't you ban him for disconnecting to avoid punishment" but in reality, I was about to kick them anyway. I'm just awfully lazy so they just did my job, kind of.

Anyhow, thanks #BasedDeon

Offline Danrox147

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Personal Text..........
    • View Profile
Does this apply if the guy goes RDMing then he says "FU I hate this server" and leaves can I ban him if I know that he purposely left to avoid it? Since I think if you know they left on purpose you should be able to give them the appropriate ban time.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 04:21 am by Danrox147 »
                                   ^^^^ Very True ^^^^

Offline Awesomesauce

• ByB Champion
  • Goodbye Banana. I already miss you :(
    • View Profile
Even though he's not here for the server and RDM's someone (let's say one guy) and he leaves, doesn't that just mean that he's never gonna join back anyway? And besides that point, why ban him if he only RDM'd once(also the 1 guy part)? Unless he utterly destroys everyone he only deserves a slay. If he goes away, why not let him? If he comes back and breaks more rules, then kick/ban him whatever.

Offline Loqfrican

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Loqrin
    • View Profile
    • Loqrin Entertainment
To be honest, I only started doing this a couple of times due to the fact that I've seen other administrators (trusted+ too) ban for the exact same thing.

Offline Ride

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
  • Deon is my mortal enemy
    • View Profile
While what Deon said is true, he is still a dirty Swedish pile of trash, and should be killed on sight.

Offline Danrox147

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Personal Text..........
    • View Profile
While what Deon said is true, he is still a dirty Swedish pile of trash, and should be killed on sight.

That's alright, I have already been banned by Deon today since I kos'd him
                                   ^^^^ Very True ^^^^

Offline Vucy-Frost

• ByB Novice
  • -=Frost=-
    • View Profile
Thank you for clearing this up Deon. It seems that I definitely wasn't the only one on this misunderstanding. <3

Offline Okay

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
Thank you for clearing this up Deon. It seems that I definitely wasn't the only one on this misunderstanding. <3
why the smeg are you not promoted

Offline Jelman

• Jelmani
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
Re: It is not permitted to issue 1 day ban for leaving to avoid punishment
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 10:21 pm »
why the rutabaga are you not promoted

not known well enuf like i am..

His Grace Snoop of House Dogg, first in his name; Kushleesi; The Unblazed; Brother of Green Dragon Sativas; embarks on a quest to reclaim Weedsteros

Offline Okay

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: It is not permitted to issue 1 day ban for leaving to avoid punishment
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 10:23 pm »
why the rutabaga are you not promoted

not known well enuf like i am..

gg

Offline Kingleo64

• ByB Newbie
  • yo momma is a skrub
    • View Profile
Damn, I was wrong.