April 06, 2020, 04:19 am

Author Topic: Lockdowns  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Matty!

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Wa
    • View Profile
Lockdowns
« on: July 29, 2014, 06:46 pm »
If I'm not being blind there's only one thing in the MOTD that covers lockdowns and that would be this

Code: [Select]
"You MUST have a valid reason for lock downs. This can be a rogue criminal or a peaceful protest you wish to end, long as it's a good reason it's fine."
I think it could be clearer and go over what to do in a lockdown, the duration etc etc. Although it does say there's a lockdown and you must return home some people may feel it's abusive due to the fact that everyone is going crazy, well sometimes they do anyway.

Here's some examples I thought of:

• Lockdowns can last no longer than 10 minutes. (That should be plenty of time to end something or raid.)
  • In a lockdown players that are not associated with the police force must return to a home or go inside an un-owned building until the lockdown has ended.
  • If you die during a lockdown you must wait at spawn (Not actually a rule)
  • During a lockdown, police may arrest you for being in public providing they gave you a warning.

If there's anymore I'd like to hear them, I'm aware not everything is covered in the MOTD but I think this is would be a valuable thing to mention.

Offline mrvideofreak

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
  • ByB = Busy yellow Buckets?
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Lockdowns
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 08:27 pm »
If I'm not being blind there's only one thing in the MOTD that covers lockdowns and that would be this

"You MUST have a valid reason for lock downs. This can be a rogue criminal or a peaceful protest you wish to end, long as it's a good reason it's fine."
I think it could be clearer and go over what to do in a lockdown, the duration etc etc. Although it does say there's a lockdown and you must return home some people may feel it's abusive due to the fact that everyone is going crazy, well sometimes they do anyway.

• Lockdowns can last no longer than 10 minutes. (That should be plenty of time to end something or raid.)
  • In a lockdown players that are not associated with the police force must return to a home or go inside an un-owned building until the lockdown has ended.
  • During a lockdown, police may arrest you for being in public providing they gave you a warning.

If there's anymore I'd like to hear them, I'm aware not everything is covered in the MOTD but I think this is would be a valuable thing to mention.

Not sure about the staying at spawn. It would be an excuse to not get arrested.
Need help? Send me a PM here: Click Here
Or Add me on steam. I'm only accepting admins+

People that aren't smegs/that i like: 5
Conor
Pantho
StupidWeasel
Bandicoot
Dexter Morgan

People that are Asses: 3
Adol
Jelman
skytron

Offline Alex_2259

• ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 12:17 am »

Not sure about the staying at spawn. It would be an excuse to not get arrested.

The spawn is (or should) be considered a safe zone during a lockdown, same as underground for hobos or, really in any building.

Offline Deluxe

• ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 01:55 am »
Spawn would be more of a safe zone type thing. And yes I do agree this could use some more clarification. Such as having to warn the player at least once before arresting , and a small time should pass before any arrests due to simply being outside.
Peace love and positvity.

Offline Leonard Potato

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Insert clever text here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 03:55 am »
I agree with most of what is being said here, but if the police is raiding a base I don't think you need a lockdown while you raid the base, I mean... Locking down the entire outside because of a base raid is just silly! I've seen base raids lat over an hour and a half, just today a base aid took an hour and the mayor had an hour long lockdown, that pretty much cripples all rp, players are forced to stay in their homes. And the spawn should obviously be off limits for lockdowns. About the suggestion of the length of the lockdown and staying at spawn if you die during a lockdown, if you die during a lockdown i don't think you should be flrced to stay at spawn, as for the length it should be max 10 mins if the lockdown hasn't ended in 10 mins you should demand the mayor to end the lockdown and if he refuses / doesn't fix it after 5mins he could be demoted.