November 19, 2019, 03:46 pm

Author Topic: [Guide] Installation of Wiremod - The Correct Way  (Read 983 times)

Offline Loqfrican

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Loqrin
    • View Profile
    • Loqrin Entertainment
[Guide] Installation of Wiremod - The Correct Way
« on: August 17, 2014, 09:10 am »

Guide - Installation of Wiremod - The Correct Way

Introduction:

Hello and welcome to this guide! Many are confused, or don't know how to install Wiremod correctly. Simply, sometimes many don't know which one to download and how to install them. I'm going to solve all those issues in this guide. In this guide, I'll be showing you two ways you could possibly install Wiremod with clear steps and with pictures - for those who find it better to see the tutorial visually. I will be excluding the Git way of downloading Wiremod and the Workshop way. (The workshop one does tend to get removed due to Steam copyrights and other things.) Please do note, if you have tried to install Wiremod before and didn't get it to work, please consider removing Wiremod and clear your cache folder. (Cache folder location: \Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cache)

Installation:

Installation #1 | ZIP Download
Spoiler
Please do note that if you download the ZIP file, you will have to download the entire Wiremod addon AGAIN and install it AGAIN if there is an update.

• Head over here and download the .zip file.
  • Once you have downloaded the .zip file, locate it and open it. You should see something like this:
  • Copy and paste the folder named "wire-master" into your Garry's Mod addons folder. (Addons folder location: \Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\addons)
  • Open up Garry's Mod and you should have Wiremod now installed! If Wiremod is not working, please post a reply at the bottom with why it is not working.

Installation #2 | SVN Download
Spoiler
Please do note, if you decide to use the SVN route, you'll have to download a program. Steps will be included on how to gain the program. If you use the SVN route, you won't have to update Wiremod manually. It will update automatically for you.

• Head to this website and download TortoiseSVN. Remember to download the correct one for your Windows (64bit or 32bit) . Once you have downloaded it, open up the file and go through the installation process of the program.
  • Now that SVN is installed, head to your Garry's Mod addons folder. (Addons folder location: \Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\addons)
  • Once you are in your addons folder, make a new folder and name it "Wiremod" .
  • Now that the folder is there, right click the folder and you should have the option to click "SVN Checkout" .
  • If you clicked on the SVN Checkout option, a new window should appear. If the window has appeared, copy this url:    https://github.com/wiremod/wire/trunk      and paste it where it says "URL of repository:" . Once you have pasted it in the box, go ahead and press the OK button at the bottom.
  • A new window should appear and it should start downloading.
    When it is done downloading you will be able to press OK .
  • Once you pressed OK, you should have a folder like so in your addons folder. If the folder is like so then you have installed Wiremod and you may open up Garry's Mod and play Garry's Mod. If Wiremod is not working then please reply with your reason on why it is not working.

I hope this has cleared up some confusion and helped you guys install Wiremod. As said before, if you have any problems with Wiremod (textures etc.) then please post a reply with your reason. Thanks for reading this guide!

Offline olicool11

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Fanatic
  • TEM NAMLEJ
    • View Profile
Re: [Guide] Installation of Wiremod - The Correct Way
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 09:15 am »
instructions not clear enough, got my banjo stolen by an Australian driving the moon lander :(

ON TOPIC: Yes, do it this way! Highly recommend using the SVN edition for the sake of easy updating :)

Offline Danrox147

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Personal Text..........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 12:15 pm »
instructions not clear enough, got my banjo stolen by an Australian driving the moon lander :(

I'm enjoying your banjo very much. Already smacked a kangaroo with it!

I may return it next week, in whatever condition I want. (So don't get too excited to see it again)
                                   ^^^^ Very True ^^^^

Offline Leonard Potato

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Insert clever text here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 11:48 pm »
One question, why was it taken off the workshop?

Offline Deluxe

• ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 12:08 am »
One question, why was it taken off the workshop?

(The workshop one does tend to get removed due to Steam copyrights and other things)

Literal quote from the post Le notreadoelposto
Peace love and positvity.

Offline beagle05

• ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 08:22 pm »
thanks mate, it fix finally! I deleted/moved my old wiremod out like always and installed this 19mb svn and it worked, I probably had an old svn last time idk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy to see NO errors

"@bloodguiser "A PC becomes slower over time"

OH. MY. GOD.

Y U SO NOOB?"