April 06, 2020, 04:30 am

Author Topic: [Question] Hitmen as MA? Trusted + Only, IDC about regular player opinions.  (Read 1389 times)

Offline VoceTyrannis

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
As most of you know, someone with the Hitman job may be made a mayor's assistant. However, whenever I do this I am always demoted (and then the demote starter does it later, ha). My question is this: if RPed correctly, can a Hitman remain Mayor's Assistant?

This includes:
-Having a fake job (Mayor's Secretary, etc.) that they need to RP (props, cover story for their actions, basic stuff)

-If the mayor is caught placing hits, demote for corruption as usual.

-Hiding their true occupation well.

-Not taking hits from anyone but the mayor (it's the Mayor's Little Secret).

Obviously, since they are the mayor's assistant and all hits come from him, if they are caught, killed, or they let the cat out of the bag, the mayor is in deep trouble.
Praise the Sun.

Offline Loqfrican

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Loqrin
    • View Profile
    • Loqrin Entertainment
It clearly says in the rules that hitmen may not be hired... Unless, the only way I can see this is that you become Mayor's Assistant to lure the Mayor into position to kill him and to complete your hit.

Offline Expanded Foreskin

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
If demoting for becoming mayor's assistant as a hit man is allowed, then what is metagaming. The job "Hitman" is a title, not a job. For example, SA is a title when you switch to the job class, but can changed to Thief/Gang member. So I don't understand where demoting for becoming a assistant as hit man is illegal. I would actually love an answer for this rather it is relevant to this specific situation or not.
Inactive ByB Admin. You may contact me through PM if no other admin is online and i will be more than happy to assist you. My Steam Profile

Not currently inactive or active but, I'm semi-active. Active only on forums.

Offline Leonard Potato

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Insert clever text here!
    • View Profile
If demoting for becoming mayor's assistant as a hit man is allowed, then what is metagaming. The job "Hitman" is a title, not a job. For example, SA is a title when you switch to the job class, but can changed to Thief/Gang member. So I don't understand where demoting for becoming a assistant as hit man is illegal. I would actually love an answer for this rather it is relevant to this specific situation or not.

If you do /hitman in chat, you become a hitman, if you are mayors assistant as that job, you can be demoted since you can't work with anyone. But the metagaming rule applies to scenarios like this : Explosive banana (cop) sees Leonard Potato, Explosive starts telling Leonard how amazing he is and how he wants to be just like him, then he sees that he has floating text over his head that says "Thief" then he decides to arrest him since he assumes that is his job. It's most likely in place to prevent this.

Offline Sirdog

• ByB Fanatic
  • The only dog known to man that can talk.
    • View Profile
The Hitman, under no circumstances unless otherwise approved by an appropriately rank administrator, may not work for or with anyone. This includes the Mayor.

-Not taking hits from anyone but the mayor (it's the Mayor's Little Secret).

This would be classified as "working" for and/or with the Mayor, and would violate the job rules.

However, using common sense as there is no rules regarding this specifically, here is the procedure for handiling a Hitman becoming the assistant.

• The Mayor is to be ordered to remove the Hitman from Mayors Assistant.
  • If the Mayor ignores the order, the Hitman is to be asked to leave the Mayors Assistant Job.

If the Mayor complies, then nothing further is to be done.

If the Mayor refuses to comply, and the Hitman refuses to comply, then the Mayor is to be demoted.

If the Mayor refuses to comply, and the Hitman complies; but is made Assistant again, the Mayor is to be demoted.

"Why should the Mayor be demoted if the Hitman refuses to comply?"

To put it bluntly, it's a bit unethical. He should not be demoted from the job he is because he refuses to leave the sub job. He should still be slapped and warned for refusing to leave the job, as he is blatantly saying he wishes to continue breaking the rules - but it does not warrant a demotion.

If a Root disagrees with this statement, they are free to respond and answer appropriately.