October 24, 2019, 02:46 am

Author Topic: Gun Dealer stall rule revision  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Bouchiekins

• Supporter
  • ByB Champion
  • Ohai
    • View Profile
Gun Dealer stall rule revision
« on: March 17, 2015, 10:30 pm »
Currently this is a part of the Gun Dealer rules:
  • You must maintain a shop. You may leave the shop, go to your apartment or food shopping. However extended absence may result in demotion. Anyone abusing this new rule may be shocked and sent away for a while :)
    • You may build a small market stall on the streets if you don't want a full blown shop. This must be a stall rather then a propbase (no raiding entrance of any kind). Much less security is the risk you take in having a market stall.

I would suggest changing this rule in such a way that a Gun Dealer is not allowed to put his stall/auto-gunshop-machine in front of another Gun Dealer's store.
Having atleast a couple PHX in between the corners of a Gun Dealer's store before another Gun Dealer's stall/machine can be built will keep the competition friendly.

Offline Expanded Foreskin

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Gun Dealer stall rule revision
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 01:44 pm »
I think it is a bit of common sense though.
Inactive ByB Admin. You may contact me through PM if no other admin is online and i will be more than happy to assist you. My Steam Profile

Not currently inactive or active but, I'm semi-active. Active only on forums.

Offline Caspari

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 02:41 pm »
Currently this is a part of the Gun Dealer rules:
  • You must maintain a shop. You may leave the shop, go to your apartment or food shopping. However extended absence may result in demotion. Anyone abusing this new rule may be shocked and sent away for a while :)
    • You may build a small market stall on the streets if you don't want a full blown shop. This must be a stall rather then a propbase (no raiding entrance of any kind). Much less security is the risk you take in having a market stall.

I would suggest changing this rule in such a way that a Gun Dealer is not allowed to put his stall/auto-gunshop-machine in front of another Gun Dealer's store.
Having atleast a couple PHX in between the corners of a Gun Dealer's store before another Gun Dealer's stall/machine can be built will keep the competition friendly.

I agree. Probably, there will be some competition to see who has the better sales (if that's the point of this thread).

Offline Sirdog

• ByB Fanatic
  • The only dog known to man that can talk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 01:46 am »
I think it is a bit of common sense though.

Common sense?

Unless I'm just ignorant, this should be something handled within roleplay. Not to be decided by the rules. If a stall is placed infront of another store, then the gundealer, if he feels threatened economically, can handle it. Either by hiring a hitman or asking a cop to extort him. Either way, it seems completely illogical to me to specify under enforcement of the administration that stalls cannot be "too close" to other stores or stalls.

Offline Pantho

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
  • Community Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 09:10 am »
Sirdog wins the award.

Less scripted RP thanks, not more. Less rules etc, there type of things can be handled by RP elements in game.

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 12:09 pm »
But with that being said, that means I can go make a stall and put it directly in front of some random gun dealer's shop? It does not matter if they are killed or arrested, their props stay there no matter what.

The common sense part that I was referring to, is the fact that the only reason somebody would build a stall in front of somebody's shop, is to annoy them. In the modern day, shops are across the street from each other or next to each other, not on top of each other. There are also certain laws that restrict or limit the building distance upon another shop or establishment based upon the type (Ex. You can not have a Harris Teeter and a Publix right next to each other (<Two grocery stores in NC)). Also, if you were to build a stall in front of another persons gun shop, it would probably be on a public sidewalk which of course is government property, but as i stated before, nobody including the government can remove your stall. So what would be the RP in that?
Inactive ByB Admin. You may contact me through PM if no other admin is online and i will be more than happy to assist you. My Steam Profile

Offline Bouchiekins

• Supporter
  • ByB Champion
  • Ohai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 12:52 pm »
I can definitely see why this should be solved with RP, it encourages good RP indeed.
BUT, as Expanded just said, their props will stay, and they can keep coming back.

It's still an unfair(?) advantage for the stall owner and a disadvantage for the store owner.

If the government, Mayor, Chief or cop, could force them to move then that would be an option, but that's really difficult for admins to enforce.

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 01:59 pm »
I do however like what Bouche said about space. If we can institute a rule which puts a minimum space between stalls and shops, I think admins would be able to control that aspect, but as you guys said, "More RP", we can also state that stalls can be banned by RP laws. But like I said and as Bouche agreed, we can not force somebody in an RP situation to remove their stalls. It simply will not work.

Offline Pantho

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
  • Community Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 03:47 pm »
I do however like what Bouche said about space. If we can institute a rule which puts a minimum space between stalls and shops, I think admins would be able to control that aspect, but as you guys said, "More RP", we can also state that stalls can be banned by RP laws. But like I said and as Bouche agreed, we can not force somebody in an RP situation to remove their stalls. It simply will not work.

Yes you can, and no more rules would not be good.

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 03:52 pm »

How can we force them to remove it in an RP situation?

Offline Deluxe

• ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 04:03 pm »

How can we force them to remove it in an RP situation?

Well, in real life their are tools that deconstruct. So, what you can do is have the mayor declare his shop illegal etc. then call an admin or someone to remove it. If not, then place a "PHX Text screen" and declare it condemed. Anyone caught on, or using the stall could be arrested.

Just a suggestion.
Peace love and positvity.

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2015, 04:34 pm »
Once again, it comes back to the admin to interfere with an rp situation and the fact that the stall wont be removed unless an admin interferes.

Offline Deluxe

• ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 08:45 pm »
Once again, it comes back to the admin to interfere with an rp situation and the fact that the stall wont be removed unless an admin interferes.

Just a suggestion. Thats why I said the condemed thing aswell.
Peace love and positvity.

Offline olicool11

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Fanatic
  • TEM NAMLEJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 08:51 pm »
Alternately they are poaching your customers so you hire a hitman have them assasinated and then perform an RP demote on them

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 12:34 pm »
The RP demote would involve "FailRP" if the demote were to fail and "FailRP" is not a valid punishment or /demote reason. I think we should just leave it as it is for now since we all have different opinions. I will wait for Pantho to reply with what should be done, then go based off of his opinion.