March 28, 2020, 06:28 pm

Author Topic: Crossbow Ammo  (Read 3743 times)

Offline Sabretooth

• Supporter
  • ByB Novice
    • View Profile
Crossbow Ammo
« on: March 22, 2015, 08:15 pm »
I am making this topic to suggest a feature, which in my opinion should of been added a long time ago. What I am talking about is the ability to purchase Crossbow Bolts, from the Black Market Dealer. The problem is as a Secret Agent, you are limited to 5 Crossbow Bolts, and then you're out, unless you die. Please support this and get the feature brought in!

Offline Dexter Morgan

• ByB Rookie
  • Tonight's the night!
    • View Profile
Re: Crossbow Ammo
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 08:31 pm »
+Support as long they are not to cheap. They should cost minimum $100-200 each Crossbow Bolt.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 08:32 pm by Dexter Morgan »
People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well. That's my burden, I guess.

Offline T

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • I love you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 08:34 pm »
You used to be able to purchase knife shipments and then you could use them either as throwing knives or extra ammo for your crossbow, but knife shipments got taken out due to some problems with them if I recall correctly.

I do agree though, would be nice to have a way to re-supply on crossbow bolts other than killing yourself, even though the crossbow is a smegty weapon imo.

Offline melonman

• ByB Newbie
  • sowy i no no spek engrish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 08:37 pm »
+Support They should cost minimum $100-200 each Crossbow Bolt.

I agree that their should be buyable crosbow bolts because from my time on byb the majority of it i am a Secret Agent and it does get annoying when you run out of crossbow bolts

Offline FCG - Laset

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 04:33 am »
+Support
I totally agree, although I think the price should be high, it's a powerfull weapon.
I think the price for 5 extra should be 1,400-2,400.

Offline BlueNova

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • I like smegposting and music.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 05:23 am »
+Support
I totally agree, although I think the price should be high, it's a powerfull weapon.

The crossbow is one of the most powerful weapons available that's why it's ammo is limited. Making five bolts less than 3k is nothing short of stupid. Most players won't mind spending 3k on crossbow bolts. They don't care. If you were to sell them then make them something more reasonable like 10k for 5 for something of thereabouts.

Offline FCG - Laset

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 06:14 am »
+Support

The crossbow is one of the most powerful weapons available that's why it's ammo is limited. Making five bolts less than 3k is nothing short of stupid. Most players won't mind spending 3k on crossbow bolts. They don't care. If you were to sell them then make them something more reasonable like 10k for 5 for something of thereabouts.

I guess you are right, it is a really powerful weapon, and many players favorite.
I can surely see 1,400-2,400 is not a reasonable price, I agree with you.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 06:17 am by LaSeT »

Offline T

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • I love you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 01:47 pm »

Sure, it's one of the weapons with highest damage per hit, but it's near impossible to hit anything with it unless you can see into the future, and it's 1-shot-reload. It really isn't a very good weapon. If it's made too expensive, no one would want to buy bolts for it. 10k? Rather buy a shipment of APWs or scouts which do 85 and 80 damage compared to the crossbow's 100dmg, and you actually have a chance of hitting something.

Offline Vingo Kerman

• Supporter
  • ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 07:30 pm »
I give you all the +1 I can muster. This is a really good idea.

Offline Deluxe

• ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 04:36 pm »
I'll probably catch hell for this, but unless they bring back the way they used to do it (Throwable knives) Then I'm against it. We've got nano-flex ammo for everything. Why add another ammo? The crossbow is OP and thats why it only has 5 bolts. Sure against SWAT and armored opponents its not much of a threat, but against the citizens or hobos most people harrass with it it serves greatly with 5 bolts.

-support
Peace love and positvity.

Offline Sabretooth

• Supporter
  • ByB Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 06:44 pm »
I'll probably catch hell for this, but unless they bring back the way they used to do it (Throwable knives) Then I'm against it. We've got nano-flex ammo for everything. Why add another ammo? The crossbow is OP and thats why it only has 5 bolts. Sure against SWAT and armored opponents its not much of a threat, but against the citizens or hobos most people harrass with it it serves greatly with 5 bolts.

-support

Secret Agents hardly use it against those innocent jobs, unless it's a mugging, which you rarely see now (well, I rarely see anyways). It has 5 bolts, and if it's a moving target, it's not exactly easy to hit em. 5 bolts is no where near enough, just make the bolts pricey..

Offline Cyanide

• Supporter
  • ByB Newbie
  • holy smeg
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2015, 04:55 am »
+support good idea, should be very expensive though.

Offline StupidWeasel

• Supporter
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
    • Moustaches through the ages: A Historial Account of Facial Hair
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 11:12 am »
How about a refill rather than extra ammo? That avoids a lot of the problems people are taking about, yet means they can still restock. It also means the price can be much more reasonable (whilst we do have a broken economy, there are still new supporters - seems unfair to charge them an arm and a leg)

FunnyClaps

Offline Sabretooth

• Supporter
  • ByB Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 02:22 pm »
How about a refill rather than extra ammo? That avoids a lot of the problems people are taking about, yet means they can still restock. It also means the price can be much more reasonable (whilst we do have a broken economy, there are still new supporters - seems unfair to charge them an arm and a leg)

YES YES ANYTHING PLEASE

Offline Leonard Potato

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Insert clever text here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 08:18 am »

How about finding a way to fix the economy?