SWAT be able to turn to police chief.

Support
8 (72.7%)
Do Not Support
2 (18.2%)
Indifferent
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Another small suggestion.  (Read 2168 times)

Offline BlueNova

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • I like smegposting and music.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Another small suggestion.
« on: April 12, 2015, 03:26 pm »
My suggestion is let SWAT be able to turn into the police chief as well. Sometimes when RPing as SWAT you want to go chief and going to regular police can be annoying. I don't see why not since police and SWAT are both part of the police force and theirs no SWAT chief. Just a little idea I had.

Regards,
BlueNova

Offline BludyLuigi

• ByB Rookie
  • Left ByB
    • View Profile
Re: Another small suggestion.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 03:36 pm »
My suggestion is let SWAT be able to turn into the police chief as well. Sometimes when RPing as SWAT you want to go chief and going to regular police can be annoying. I don't see why not since police and SWAT are both part of the police force and theirs no SWAT chief. Just a little idea I had.

Regards,
BlueNova

If I had a small suggestion about SWAT it would be to nerf them since you can unload a full AK mag in the back of their head, then they turn around and arrest you.

Offline BlueNova

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 03:43 pm »

Regards,
BlueNova

If I had a small suggestion about SWAT it would be to nerf them since you can unload a full AK mag in the back of their head, then they turn around and arrest you.

AK47 is surprisingly strong, SWAT fall to that thing easily. But still SWAT > Chief is a good idea in my eyes. I forgot the mention that SWAT and police are the same rank therefore it's probable that they receive the same promotion to chief of police.

Offline Godfrey Carthage

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • i dont have a website
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 04:57 pm »
I think you should just add a "SWAT Commander" Job, completely seperate from the regular Police Force, because of the fact that IRL SWAT would be deployed in dire situations, not for patrolling the streets.
So it makes sense that the Chief commands the Police Officers and the SWAT Commander would command the SWAT.

Offline XxSandyxX

• Admin
  • ByB Rookie
  • nightmare like big weiner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 05:05 pm »
I think you should just add a "SWAT Commander" Job, completely seperate from the regular Police Force, because of the fact that IRL SWAT would be deployed in dire situations, not for patrolling the streets.
So it makes sense that the Chief commands the Police Officers and the SWAT Commander would command the SWAT.

That is basically going completely off topic and not even relevant. Bluenova is stating the SWAT Force be able to go Police chief, not add another job for giving officers to SWAT as the that is the Chief Police's job.

Anyways I think this is a good idea and would definitely love seeing it in-game
+support

Offline Godfrey Carthage

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • i dont have a website
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 05:22 pm »

That is basically going completely off topic and not even relevant. Bluenova is stating the SWAT Force be able to go Police chief, not add another job for giving officers to SWAT as the that is the Chief Police's job.

+support
u think ur ard m80

Offline XxSandyxX

• Admin
  • ByB Rookie
  • nightmare like big weiner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 05:23 pm »

+support
u think ur ard m80
Yes

Offline Deluxe

• ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 06:07 pm »

Regards,
BlueNova

I'm down for either that or adding a "SWAT Commander" Who's pay is only like 20-30$ more then the average SWAT and can spawn the alyx gun like PD chief.
Peace love and positvity.

Offline Sirdog

• ByB Fanatic
  • The only dog known to man that can talk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 06:09 pm »

Regards,
BlueNova

[snip]

No point in enforcing that point, the objective of the thread has already been accomplished. No point in splitting up the ideas that bred from this thread to other seperate threads, causing confusion.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:32 am by Sirdog »

Offline BlueNova

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 08:34 pm »
Poll added so vote if you support or don't support, helps keep this organized.

Offline StupidWeasel

• Supporter
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
    • Moustaches through the ages: A Historial Account of Facial Hair
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 09:32 pm »
Don't see why we can't do this. A SWAT commander is a possibility, though I'm worried anyone playing as one would butt heads with the Police Chief too much. Something to mull over, certainly.

FunnyClaps

Offline T

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • I love you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 09:55 pm »

One word: Mac10

Up close and personal you can unload a mac10 on a SWAT and they'll go flying within 0.5 secs.

Offline Caspari

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 04:12 am »

Up close and personal you can unload a mac10 on a SWAT and they'll go flying within 0.5 secs.

The Mac10 is too over powered in this game. Someone with flat out 100 armor/health, the mac10 can make that person go from 100 to 0 in a short span of time.

A SWAT commander is a possibility, though I'm worried anyone playing as one would butt heads with the Police Chief too much. Something to mull over, certainly.

Then just do separate job colums; the SWAT Commander shall give orders to the SWAT only, while the Police Chief shall give orders to the cops.

Only highest ranking officer may give permission for props inside PD, ie security. Rank is: Mayor -> Chief -> <ALL COPS> -> Deputy/Assistant. Swat and Police have the same rank.

There's the problem. Why not just say that the Police Chief controls the police officers, and the SWAT Commander controls the SWAT?

Offline BlueNova

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 04:16 am »

The Mac10 is too over powered in this game. Someone with flat out 100 armor/health, the mac10 can make that person go from 100 to 0 in a short span of time.

A SWAT commander is a possibility, though I'm worried anyone playing as one would butt heads with the Police Chief too much. Something to mull over, certainly.

Then just do separate job colums; the SWAT Commander shall give orders to the SWAT only, while the Police Chief shall give orders to the cops.

Only highest ranking officer may give permission for props inside PD, ie security. Rank is: Mayor -> Chief -> <ALL COPS> -> Deputy/Assistant. Swat and Police have the same rank.

There's the problem. Why not just say that the Police Chief controls the police officers, and the SWAT Commander controls the SWAT?

It's as StupidWeasel said, if there was a SWAT Commander he'd likely bump heads with the police chief creating turmoil. Therefore it's easier on everyone to just leave it at police chief being the highest ranking officer.

Offline Sirdog

• ByB Fanatic
  • The only dog known to man that can talk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 06:28 am »
What BlueNova said.

My suggestion being that SWAT Commander, if implemented, has authority over the SWAT, and the authority cannot be taken away, but his authority can be superseded by either the Chief or the Mayor.