March 28, 2020, 06:20 pm

Author Topic: [Suggestion] New Job  (Read 1054 times)

Offline BlueNova

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • I like smegposting and music.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
[Suggestion] New Job
« on: June 03, 2015, 09:49 pm »
Hello, I am likely going to get either a lot of heat or a lot of love for this but nonetheless I'm presenting it.

The new job I am hoping to be added is somewhat like a chef/cook job. Essentially a player becomes a chef or cook and can spawn in food. Small little entities that look like hot dogs, hamburgers, watermelons, etc. What these items can do is, depending on what, increase or help regain health, increase speed and jumping ability. Now these abilities could easily be abused to I'd recommend making it a Supporter only class.

The class can use the Judith Mossman player model. Buffs given, such as health would be capped at 120 to avoid it being overpowered. The limitation on speed could be set to that of a master thief or police officer and jumping to only slightly higher than normal. The effects would be reset upon death when a new life starts. Now just because buffs can be given that increase health, speed, etc with a concept of food doesn't mean a hunger system needs to be put into play. We can leave that out until people get used to this.

The limitations of this job should be anywhere between two or three at a time. The idea is to combine the roleplay aspect of eating food with the buffs of a drug dealer people here have been begging for for so long. The food aspect gives it the idea of "family friendly" to go along with the MOTD and rules.

Job Rules:

Cook/Chef

1. Follow the same rules as a Gun Dealer or Black Market Dealer in terms of supply. You may sell to anyone or refuse to sell, provided a valid RP reason is presented. Do not supply for only yourself or a specific group of people.
2. You must maintain a shop/restaurant at all times. Stands are acceptable as well provided they're RP'd properly (like a lemonade stand).
3. This ties in directly with rules one, but you cannot be in a gang.
4. As with Gun Dealer, limit the advertising campaign.
5. You may purchase/make entities for yourself and your partners/body guards provided you don't go on a massive self supply spree.

Entity Models and Effects:

1. Hamburger - Gives player strength
2. Hot dog - Gives player strength
3. Soda Can - Gives player speed or jumping (at random)
4. Watermelon - Gives player either of the three (at random due to it being solid but containing a lot of liquid)

That should about do it. Thank you.
Regards,
BlueNova

If you feel anything should be added, removed or changed please comment below. Please keep all criticism constructive.

Offline T

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • I love you all.
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] New Job
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 10:31 pm »
Have you forgotten about our job suggestion thread?

Anyways, I've seen the same kind of deal on other servers, only for drug dealers, where consuming drugs would give you boosts such increased speed, insane jump height, invincibility for a limited time period etc, and I honestly think that makes more sense. But since drug dealer is out of the question due to the problems it adds, I'm pretty sure this is out of the question for the same reason(s) too.

Offline BlueNova

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 10:32 pm »
Have you forgotten about our job suggestion thread?

Anyways, I've seen the same kind of deal on other servers, only for drug dealers, where consuming drugs would give you boosts such increased speed, insane jump height, invincibility for a limited time period etc, and I honestly think that makes more sense. But since drug dealer is out of the question due to the problems it adds, I'm pretty sure this is out of the question for the same reason(s) too.

Actually yeah, I forgot that was there. Suppose I'm just so used to not posting there I forgot about it. If anyone could move this there that'd be fantastic.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:36 pm by BlueNova »

Offline Conor

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 04:19 pm »
We're not too keen on giving players advantages such as overpowering jumping abilities, but this could be another creative outlet for healing players. I've always loved the idea of having a Chef job here at ByB so I'd give this support. We shall see what Pantho thinks!

Offline Candle

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • I run on whiskey and risk and ennui and impatience
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 01:36 pm »
So basically a reskinned white collar drugdealer?
And all the snakes in the grass, they urge you to dance.
"I can hear the harmonics from your voicechanger" - Inventorboy2k14

Its when those burnt black clouds, submerge the earth in shroud
That kings earn that crown.

Offline BlueNova

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 01:48 pm »
So basically a reskinned white collar drugdealer?

Add some imagination to it and it's something more.