March 28, 2020, 05:35 pm

Author Topic: [Suggestion] Sellable Knives  (Read 1104 times)

Offline BlueNova

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • I like smegposting and music.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
[Suggestion] Sellable Knives
« on: July 02, 2015, 02:03 am »
Greetings ByB

So I thought to myself, why can only Mercenaries and Hitmen have knives? I couldn't think of a reasonable answer so my suggestion is allow Gun Dealers and Black Market Dealers to sell knives to the public for a low price (around 100-200 dollars). I don't see any real harm and it would allow people to have knives and be all chef like "cutting watermelons". Anyways tell me what you think :)

Regards,
BlueNova

Offline Sirdog

• ByB Fanatic
  • The only dog known to man that can talk.
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Sellable Knives
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 02:09 am »
+support.

I think (don't know for sure) that it was removed because people could throw them, pick them up, and have C-Bow ammo. But I doubt that'll be hard to fix. Selling knives seems like a good idea.

Offline Sabretooth

• Supporter
  • ByB Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 06:47 am »
+Support

Great idea, I do like the knife and it has always saddened me that it was only set for 2 classes with no other way for any other class to get it.

Offline Loqfrican

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Loqrin
    • View Profile
    • Loqrin Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 08:56 am »
It's also OP if you know where to hit the person. 100% Armor and health, 1 stab in a certain spot and the player is immediately dead. So a bunch will have to be modified, for the knife, for it to return I think.

Offline Gabriel Mundy

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 02:47 pm »
God only knows that this economy needs more things to spend money on.  Make 'em something like 5-15k to buy in ships of 5 and don't nerf them from their previous incarnation.

Offline Sirdog

• ByB Fanatic
  • The only dog known to man that can talk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 09:17 am »
God only knows that this economy needs more things to spend money on.  Make 'em something like 5-15k to buy in ships of 5 and don't nerf them from their previous incarnation.

Umm, what? Yeah, the economy needs more reasons to spend money, but no one is going to spend 15K on a shipment of knives. I would make it 5K as base for ten knives, and $500 in singles. Though I agree the instant death on one strike should stay, from like a back stab. Maybe lose the knife when you do that? At the very least, I like the idea of Hitmen being able to do that to people who have less than 80 armor. Though I don't know how far I'm getting in terms of coding complexity when I say that.

Offline Bruhstice

• ByB Fanatic
  • I bring justice upon smelly kids and filthy adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 02:05 pm »
+ Support.

But i would say it needs tweaking, as back in the day if you have more than 1 knife on you, you could throw the knives, and they were a one shot kill anywhere on the body with 100% and 100hp.

Other than that, im all in for it.