October 24, 2019, 03:02 am

Author Topic: Grumble's Ban  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Godfrey Carthage

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • i dont have a website
Grumble's Ban
« on: July 24, 2015, 07:26 pm »
Grumble, being a very well liked and appreciated member of the community, and having last been issued a ban around 7 months ago for the same reason does certainly not deserve a ban with the reason "Being racist again. Stay out for good this time."
And while I am against racism, I feel using words that are considered racist in a satirical context is not racist, and should indeed be treated as such. I made this post to express my distaste for Deluxe's actions, and nothing more.

I also feel that many of Deluxe's bans jump straight to the longest option, instead of resolving the problem.

I hope the upper ranked Adminstrators rethink their position on Grumble's Ban, and potentially Deluxe's Rank.

Thank you very much for reading.

:^)

Offline Deluxe

• ByB Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Grumble's Ban
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 08:12 pm »
Grumble, being a very well liked and appreciated member of the community, and having last been issued a ban around 7 months ago for the same reason does certainly not deserve a ban with the reason "Being racist again. Stay out for good this time."
And while I am against racism, I feel using words that are considered racist in a satirical context is not racist, and should indeed be treated as such. I made this post to express my distaste for Deluxe's actions, and nothing more.

I also feel that many of Deluxe's bans jump straight to the longest option, instead of resolving the problem.

I hope the upper ranked Adminstrators rethink their position on Grumble's Ban, and potentially Deluxe's Rank.

Thank you very much for reading.

:^)

It was agreed upon that his ban would be jumped to permanent. I was going to do it around 2 weeks ago, but I gave him an additional warning. To my knowledge chips also gave him 2 warnings within the last 3 days. If you feel my ban is unjust perhaps contact a root rather then posting something like this in a pathetic attempt to slander my name.
Peace love and positvity.

Offline Godfrey Carthage

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • i dont have a website
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 08:15 pm »
I'm sorry? I do not recall calling you any sort of name. I stated my opinion. Calling me pathetic was completely uncalled for.

Offline Deluxe

• ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 08:20 pm »
I'm sorry? I do not recall calling you any sort of name. I stated my opinion. Calling me pathetic was completely uncalled for.

A lot nicer of an insult then several of the things you called me. Going for the "I'm innocent, your insulting me, your the bad guy" approach. This topic is only going to cause drama. As such I'm going to lock it. If a root disagrees with me feel free to open it back up again.

/locked
Peace love and positvity.