November 19, 2019, 03:46 pm

Author Topic: RP4 Rebirth Bug Thread  (Read 12537 times)

Offline Sabretooth

• Supporter
  • ByB Novice
    • View Profile
Re: RP4 Rebirth Bug Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2016, 10:01 pm »
Voice range seems to be off compared to RP4, for instance the volume changes depending on where you're facing and in my own experience you need to be pretty close up to hear someone clearly. That'll be voice3D. It takes a little getting used to, but players say they generally like it more. The power/range/settings might need a little tweaking however

AutoMerge: August 08, 2016, 10:14 pm
When using the F4 menu (jobs etc. [""gm_showspare2"]), it no longer saves where you last were when closing/opening the menu. I am not very good at explaining this, but here's an example. I open the menu, go to the entities section and purchase a component for growing drugs. I close the menu temporarily to reposition the entity, open it again and it's set me back to the default sub-menu. This wasn't a problem on RP4. This makes buying things in bulk quickly pretty inconvenient.

Again, sorry for the rubbish explanation.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 03:16 pm by StupidWeasel »

Offline FatUnicornzz

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2016, 11:37 pm »
When undercover as cop, if in supporter room you can change your playermodel but it puts you back to cop.  Loses your undercover uniform

Proxy is awaiting response from the Body Groupr author
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 03:35 am by Ride »

Offline SoSoNiCK

• Supporter
  • ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2016, 11:57 pm »
If an admin bring a undercover cop it shows that he's a cop by showing he's name with the color blue, and lets say he undercoverd to a thief he's color name should be white when an admin bring him.

Not sure if we can fix this, would require a hefty re-write of ULX as far as I can see. I'll talk to Weasel/Chas about it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 08:55 am by Ride »

Offline Kane

• ByB Newbie
  • I'm back baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2016, 02:22 am »
You can copy and paste some entities such as objects ordered from the tablet (Battery charger, lamp, possibly even Meth, Marjiuana. Will test.

Fixed
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 03:37 am by Ride »
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.

Offline JayusWooshus

• Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • The Supreme Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2016, 02:36 am »
There's apparently 3 skins for the police chief, however it doesn't change anything http://i.imgur.com/rJ3IEKt.png

It does so. It changes the face.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 03:34 am by Ride »
[On the subject of Chas offering sexual favors for money]
Nightmare: Does he take chocolate coins?
Jelman: Hell, I'll take chocolate coins!.. wait, don't quote me on that..

Offline COSTUME

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2016, 03:36 am »
Currently you're able to nocolide the Spy Drones to go through props / doors

- Fixed
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 05:11 am by Ride »

Offline Loqfrican

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Loqrin
    • View Profile
    • Loqrin Entertainment
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2016, 01:26 pm »
The drone box that can be bought from the drone salesman can be pocketed and therefore bypasses the limit of only being able to purchase one at a time. This leads to entity spam and drone spam. The ideal solution would be to make the drone box not pocketable. Fixed

Also for base building, people like to have a small area no-collided to drop printers and shipments into their base. Drones can also fly into it which may cause a disturbance for people or just having people spam drones into your base. Although I don't see this as much of an issue as the drone is called a "Spy Drone" and you flying it into their base because of a hole where printers are put in, is considered as spying. Just an idea / thought here. -- Agreed, the whole point is to be a creepy douchebag and spy on players. Drones are easy to hear & easy to destroy.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:52 pm by StupidWeasel »

Offline NinjaPhenix

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2016, 03:09 pm »
Regular admins are able to use rp_jobname to force peoples jobs ...
"rp_citizen conor
Conor has been made a Citizen!"

AutoMerge: August 09, 2016, 03:16 pm
F4 menu, all buttons that require a string's window has a title of "aMenu string request"
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 03:16 pm by NinjaPhenix »

Offline Jelman

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2016, 06:13 pm »
Keypads can be pocketed, also anyone can use f2 on other peoples keypads to see their code

Half fixed, need to double check the F2 stoof as there are mixed reports. -Weasel

Should be fixed. Jelman didn't check if it was fixed when he posted this. -Conor
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 03:08 pm by Conor »

His Grace Snoop of House Dogg, first in his name; Kushleesi; The Unblazed; Brother of Green Dragon Sativas; embarks on a quest to reclaim Weedsteros

Offline Jelman

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2016, 08:18 pm »
Keypads can be pocketed, also anyone can use f2 on other peoples keypads to see their code

F2 on others keypads is already fixed and I posted about it before, get_gud

i ctrl + f'd keypad and some smegpost from highguy came up

His Grace Snoop of House Dogg, first in his name; Kushleesi; The Unblazed; Brother of Green Dragon Sativas; embarks on a quest to reclaim Weedsteros

Offline Captain Diogo

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2016, 12:34 pm »
We are not able to place keypads on walls, only on props

Should be resolved. - Conor
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 03:10 pm by Conor »

Offline Donald Trump

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2016, 01:49 pm »
- Keypads can only be placed on the prop they active not on any other prop/wall.
Should be resolved. - Conor

- Weird keypad bug. If you stand close to it when activating it will stay open for the set time but then the prop will begin to open and shut multiple times for the time you set for the fade to hold for. I will have a video uploaded soon. The only way to prevent this is by standing some distance away from the keypad. This bug can be a problem to raid entrances in the future.
This is to prevent players from getting stuck in the keypad. It has been disabled for now. - Conor

- in PD the mayor's office and police chief's office cannot be locked/unlocked by anyone(mayor/chief included). Also you can't even interact with these doors with the keys at all (no sound when left/right click)
http://imgur.com/9c9hOEj

- in PD that "cops and mayor" door on the third floor cannot be unlocked or locked by police or mayor however
http://imgur.com/G7rYTkB

-im sure this has been asked before but is there a reason the console needs to set our ULX group every time we join the server
http://imgur.com/DzGH10E
When a player joins, their SteamID is checked against the database for a rank. If it matches, the server adds them to the appropriate ULX group. - Conor

Suggestions:
-re add unbreakable tool
-set SWAT armor to 150
-be able to spawn nano flex ammo in shipments of 10 again
-add stacker - not really necessary but makes building easier

AutoMerge: August 10, 2016, 02:05 pm
Video URL for keypad bug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHaymSIdV7g&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 03:17 pm by Conor »

Offline Candle

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • I run on whiskey and risk and ennui and impatience
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2016, 04:05 pm »
Really should be able to physgun the large pots/growing stuff. It's incredibly finicky to move with grav gun, they flip super easy with even a tiny bump, that removes any seeds and progress.
They're fairly cheap so it's really not worth stealing it vs the product that comes from them.
Overall, being able to handle them with physgun and freezing them is just going to up the quality of life immensely.
Fixed.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 10:04 am by StupidWeasel »
And all the snakes in the grass, they urge you to dance.
"I can hear the harmonics from your voicechanger" - Inventorboy2k14

Its when those burnt black clouds, submerge the earth in shroud
That kings earn that crown.

Offline SystemShock

• ByB Champion
  • 0% furry - 100% obscure comic book reference.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2016, 04:23 pm »
Hitman -
Dagger being on number 1 is infinitely infuriating Fixed

Weed mod -
Re allow no colliding the shower
Allow phys gunning and freezing of all the relevant smeg Done.
Maintain ownership of entities during transitions - i.e adding a battery to a lamp, recharging a battery
Make soil bags destructable Done.
raise the limit on.. everything
Reduce the sell values significantly
Increase the price of the set up slightly  (3k set up makes 60k every 5 minutes)

Weed mod needs some serious looking at, at the moment it's fair too much of a faucet, and has a low exposure time.
Basically no reason to make anything other than OG kush in acid soil as everyone will be using showers so the increased water consumption is a non-existant down side -- The cost/sell value of the drugs system has not been touched/balanced at all yet. The defaults really are atrocious though.

Being knocked out removes all weapon modifications
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 10:25 am by StupidWeasel »
I banned myself on sbans, such a clever boy!

Offline Soccer254589

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2016, 05:21 pm »
/report writes the same report twice

That'll be because you're an admin, you send it and it gets printed to your chatbox, and your admin status means you also receive it. - Conor
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 06:24 pm by Conor »