April 06, 2020, 05:50 am

Author Topic: [Rule Clarification] Calling 911 while kidnapped without phone  (Read 944 times)

Offline end360

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
Apparently it needs to be added into the MOTD that if someone takes your phone you can't call the police, if they take your radio you can't use group chat, and if they gag you, you can't talk. Earlier I took someone's phone, gagged them, and took their radio but the admin didn't enforce it because it wasn't in the MOTD.

Offline Tschudy

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Tuh-Shoo-Dee
    • View Profile
Re: [Rule Clarification] Calling 911 while kidnapped without phone
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 05:21 am »
Hopefully you'll have more luck getting this pushed through than I did.  the kidnappers rule section REALLY needs an overhaul.
DO NOT send me a friend request unless you are a super or above.  I'm done folks!

Offline BlueNova

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • I like smegposting and music.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 05:28 am »
This plays into that whole "FearRP" which is absolute BS. No one really enforces that here and for good reason it's not needed. Since there is no physical way to take a phone the /911 command should be usable or the /r or /g commands should be useable.

Offline Pantho

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
  • Community Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 06:40 am »
Oh this is for kidnapping, meh.

I dunno about it tbh, they'd gave to agree to the kidnapping so stop pure mingery - defeating the purpose.

Offline Tschudy

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Tuh-Shoo-Dee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 12:43 pm »

I dunno about it tbh, they'd gave to agree to the kidnapping so stop pure mingery - defeating the purpose.
Or at least give a time limit to said kidnapping.  Like after 5 minutes (aka the normal jail time) if the kidnapee is sick of playing said game, they can suicide in console and die of starvation or something.  If they want to play along and escape instead, they can do that too.

Biggest issue with the job (besides the player model) is that fact that there is no limit on the amount of time a person can be held.  So in theory, you could hold someone indefinitely and BOOM, their play session stops being fun.

As far as a rule clarification goes, this is the same issue I had a while back with people communicating in-character via PM from jail.
DO NOT send me a friend request unless you are a super or above.  I'm done folks!

Offline Caspari

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 01:32 pm »

Or at least give a time limit to said kidnapping.  Like after 5 minutes (aka the normal jail time) if the kidnapee is sick of playing said game, they can suicide in console and die of starvation or something.  If they want to play along and escape instead, they can do that too.

Biggest issue with the job (besides the player model) is that fact that there is no limit on the amount of time a person can be held.  So in theory, you could hold someone indefinitely and BOOM, their play session stops being fun.

As far as a rule clarification goes, this is the same issue I had a while back with people communicating in-character via PM from jail.

I remember somebody kidnapped some other guy and help him captive for ~40 minutes. He was having fun with it with the first 10 minutes, but then he went AFK for the next 30 minutes until typed 'kill' in console.

Offline end360

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 04:43 pm »
This plays into that whole "FearRP" which is absolute BS. No one really enforces that here and for good reason it's not needed. Since there is no physical way to take a phone the /911 command should be usable or the /r or /g commands should be useable.
I'd say its more of FailRP since not having a phone has nothing to do with fear. If theres no way to stop them from calling the police, the minute you kidnap someone they call the police and as soon as they're in your base they call it which makes kidnapper completely useless.

Offline BlueNova

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • I like smegposting and music.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 05:10 pm »
I didn't mean it was FearRP exactly. I thought of the word I wanted to use a moment ago but forgot it. But I feel like it's the same principle at least when you mug someone and say "Well you're too scared to run or fight back" or something like that. If they call the police I say you kill them.