October 24, 2019, 01:44 am

Author Topic: Just my thoughts on some job rules  (Read 1123 times)

Offline DJSexualWonderBread

• ByB Novice
  • Irish Pride American Born
    • View Profile
Just my thoughts on some job rules
« on: April 11, 2017, 12:23 pm »
Kidnapper :

Current Rule -
#1 You are also a loner, and a weirdo. You do not work well with others or operate in a gang.
#4 You may not base with anyone else: even other kidnappers, hired bodyguards or mercs. You may not be part of a gang.

I think you should be able to have some partnership or help in some way, perhaps hobos? Hard playing solo on such a hands on type of class especially with undercovers now, you need someone to be able to watch your back and is equally as weird of a class type. Maybe a 2nd Kidnapper role? Also the baton speed for swinging is rather slow, could we change that or make it so you can knock them out from the front and sides too? A blow to the head is a blow to the head after all. I'd also be cool with extending the knockout timer an extra 5 seconds I can't tell you how many time I've seen and me personally just missed getting them to the rape dungeon just by a millisecond, It says you have to attempt to not be seen so you tend to have to base just a tad bit further away so the extra 5 seconds would make a huge difference.

Black Market Dealer :

Current Rule -
#2 A BMD store may have only one keypad door to be used on a small safe. You cannot use base/raid defences. (shooting windows, raid entrances, etc.)

Ok so I see where you guys are coming from on this 110% there was a obvious problem with self supplying within their own bases to guard printers with or without their gang. The problem is now you can't even spawn printers or a shipment because you can only have a safe the cops /warrant you and are batter-ramming your door down in literally a second flat after that. Next thing you know you're either tased and arrested or gunned down and your belongings are gone. I'm just suggesting being able to have 1 fading door entrance along with a safe rather than the normal 2, just to give some kind of preparation, you know people that sell illegal goods in real life and make a lot of money off of it usually have more than just a doorknob lock on their front doors to keep people out. Just some food for thought.

Meth Cook :

Current Rule -
#2 You can employ a bodyguard, or hide a merc firm for protection, but you may not work with other cooks or within a gang building.

I think you should be able to work with other meth cooks as people do it anyway and what's the harm? And I also think the money per hour you make on meth should be buffed just a tiny bit, it's an awful lot of moving around for little reward.

Master Thief :

Needs Armor on spawn.

Hitman :

Sniper doesn't one shot in the head a Civ with just 100% Health as far as I remember. Maybe a different Sniper? Perhaps a semi-auto sniper with a silencer along with a silenced pistol? You are a lone-wolf after all let the class pack a little more fire power and some stealth as wealth if wanted with the attached suppressor. Also you know how when you're wanted from the cops you have a thing above your head? Can you do that with hits so you can identify targets through your sniper at longer distances?

Mercenary :

Should Spawn with Armor.

Off topic of specific jobs, I think the arrest baton should have a delay between hits of a second or two because being able to spam it is just a little OP, you can't really fight back without a weapon with your fists. Bring back the MP7 for SWAT!!!! It was DANK!

Make a Scrapper or Salvager class that steals cars and can take parts off them for money? Just a thought. Long post and i'm tired so there's probably a lot of errors in this but oh well maybe some thoughts will pick up some momentum with you guys.

AutoMerge: April 11, 2017, 12:27 pm
Kidnapper :

Current Rule -
#1 You are also a loner, and a weirdo. You do not work well with others or operate in a gang.
#4 You may not base with anyone else: even other kidnappers, hired bodyguards or mercs. You may not be part of a gang.

I think you should be able to have some partnership or help in some way, perhaps hobos? Hard playing solo on such a hands on type of class especially with undercovers now, you need someone to be able to watch your back and is equally as weird of a class type. Maybe a 2nd Kidnapper role? Also the baton speed for swinging is rather slow, could we change that or make it so you can knock them out from the front and sides too? A blow to the head is a blow to the head after all. I'd also be cool with extending the knockout timer an extra 5 seconds I can't tell you how many time I've seen and me personally just missed getting them to the rape dungeon just by a millisecond, It says you have to attempt to not be seen so you tend to have to base just a tad bit further away so the extra 5 seconds would make a huge difference.

Black Market Dealer :

Current Rule -
#2 A BMD store may have only one keypad door to be used on a small safe. You cannot use base/raid defences. (shooting windows, raid entrances, etc.)

Ok so I see where you guys are coming from on this 110% there was a obvious problem with self supplying within their own bases to guard printers with or without their gang. The problem is now you can't even spawn printers or a shipment because you can only have a safe the cops /warrant you and are batter-ramming your door down in literally a second flat after that. Next thing you know you're either tased and arrested or gunned down and your belongings are gone. I'm just suggesting being able to have 1 fading door entrance along with a safe rather than the normal 2, just to give some kind of preparation, you know people that sell illegal goods in real life and make a lot of money off of it usually have more than just a doorknob lock on their front doors to keep people out. Just some food for thought.

Meth Cook :

Current Rule -
#2 You can employ a bodyguard, or hide a merc firm for protection, but you may not work with other cooks or within a gang building.

I think you should be able to work with other meth cooks as people do it anyway and what's the harm? And I also think the money per hour you make on meth should be buffed just a tiny bit, it's an awful lot of moving around for little reward.

Master Thief :

Needs Armor on spawn.

Hitman :

Sniper doesn't one shot in the head a Civ with just 100% Health as far as I remember. Maybe a different Sniper? Perhaps a semi-auto sniper with a silencer along with a silenced pistol? You are a lone-wolf after all let the class pack a little more fire power and some stealth as well if wanted with the attached suppressor. Also you know how when you're wanted from the cops you have a thing above your head? Can you do that with hits so you can identify targets through your sniper at longer distances?

Mercenary :

Should Spawn with Armor.

Off topic of specific jobs, I think the arrest baton should have a delay between hits of a second or two because being able to spam it is just a little OP, you can't really fight back without a weapon with your fists. Bring back the MP7 for SWAT!!!! It was DANK!

Make a Scrapper or Salvager class that steals cars and can take parts off them for money? Just a thought. Long post and i'm tired so there's probably a lot of errors in this but oh well maybe some thoughts will pick up some momentum with you guys.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 12:27 pm by DJSexualWonderBread »

Offline Jelman

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Just my thoughts on some job rules
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 12:56 pm »
In regards to the bmd rules heres my thread on it:

http://www.bybservers.co.uk/index.php?topic=15973.0

His Grace Snoop of House Dogg, first in his name; Kushleesi; The Unblazed; Brother of Green Dragon Sativas; embarks on a quest to reclaim Weedsteros

Offline Dan.

• Supporter
  • ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 12:58 pm »
im sure mercenarys already start with armor

Offline XxSandyxX

• Admin
  • ByB Rookie
  • nightmare like big weiner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 01:01 pm »
The BMD I 100% agree with. Printing is almost impossible and for a person selling illegal weaponry, I think that should priority numero dos on their list.

Kidnapper is a bit of a meh job, but I like the idea of them working with hobos, adds RP which is always nice.

I'm pretty sure meth cook rule was added when cooking meth was OP as all smeg, but now that its literally giving you smeg back, I think they should be allowed to base together.

MT is fine as it is, maybe do same thing on RP legacy and 25% armor?

I don't play hitman so not gonna bother with my input on that.

As far as I know, mercs already spawn with armor and AK, or has that been changed?

All in all I agree with most of 'em.

Offline Loqfrican

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Loqrin
    • View Profile
    • Loqrin Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 01:10 pm »
Kidnapper
I agree with this. 5 second increase can matter so much, and being that you do need to be hidden the 5 second does matter. The idea of having the kidnapper being able to hire at least one hobo is awesome. Some kind of distraction to the person that's being kidnapped would be good, and give hobo's a reason to be a hobo and earn some cash. Personally, I would like to see another slot for the kidnapper job. One slot is a bit icky when there is a lot more players on the server. Perhaps do what was done on RP Legacy awhile back (or was it old Rebirth? Can't remember), where as the player count increases so does the job limits to a certain extent.

Black Market Dealer
I highly agree with a change to the BMD rules. It was perfect before the change of where the BMD can only have 1 keypad for a safe. Let the BMD have a raid entrance, store shipments and guns at the back. Right now it's pretty meh to play as a BMD as it's so easy for cops to just take you down. The selfsupply is understandable, but it is also done by the Gun Dealer. The Gun Dealer can selfsupply OP shotguns and protect their printers, what makes the difference to the BMD? The BMD can spawn in the AK-12 or M14 for instance but can easily be nullified with a TOZ or KS shotgun by a raider or cop.

Meth Cook
I believe the implementation of the rule where Meth Cooks can't base with each other came from when making meth was so damn OP and profitable back in old Rebirth. It's a silly rule now due to the nerf done to meth cooks. I always loved having a companion meth cook cooking with me, rather than just a body guard protecting me.

Master Thief
I think the reason to this was to not make everyone "OP". Adding armor on spawn along with the PP Bizon and the increased speed is just a bit too much. Perhaps, as NinjaBob suggested, giving them 25% armor would be good.

Hitman
The sniper is a tad weak. Perhaps giving it a silencer would benefit or replacing it with a different sniper. The idea about having the hit tag above a player's head is quite nice. Helps identify the target from distance and reduces RDM and reports of RDM. However, it does take the aspect away from actually knowing where your target is exactly and making the correct shot - dunno about this idea, it's a love and hate for me right now.

Mercenary
No adjustments needed to Mercenary. The Mercenary already spawn with armor and a very good weapon. Although, I'd like the model to be changed to the one I suggested c: http://www.bybservers.co.uk/index.php?topic=15979.0

The arrest sticks rather need a fix. If you have a high ping or just in general try arresting someone it simply takes quite a lot of clicks before the person you're trying to arrest, gets arrested. Also, I do like the idea of a job called "Scrapper" - a supporter job that does just as you mentioned. Gives a reason to get cars off the street, and earn bucks at the same time.

Overall, I agree with most of what is said. Good try this time DJ, better post than most of your others lmfao.

• ByB Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 02:01 pm »
Also maybe a supporter only alt to police that comes with the taser and perhaps a better pistol? Would eliminate minges joining and abusing pd taser.

Offline Alex_2259

• ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 09:26 pm »
Kidnappers
I agree, the ability to hire individuals to distract the police and whatnot isn't a bad idea, but another kidnapper or bodyguards I would say no to, as the job is already relatively difficult to escape from if you are a victim and the extra help can make a difference in a raid. The kidnapper baton shouldn't be effective on sides and whatnot, but the fact it sometimes doesn't work is very annoying.

BMD
Why they restricted the job to this extreme is beyond me. The BMD, in my opinion, should be able to have a single keypad set raid entrance. That is possible to get into easily, but provides a fair chance of defense.

Meth Cook
Working together with other meth cooks is good RP and fun as well, I have done it before I got informed of that rule (and in trouble for it) I would do it from time to time. I don't see any issue with them working together, but a limit of total people in a meth base (including any guards) should be in place via job rules.

Master Thief
A %25 armor seems just fine to me.

Hitman
I agree, the hitman is in need of some changes. First off, a reason field that must be valid should be required before a hit, and logged. As well as the same person not able to be targeted over and over again. On the contrary, the hitman weapons need a buff. The sniper should be a 1 shot head on any job, as well as a backstab with the knife.

Mercenary
I think it spawns with armor? If it doesn't, it should.

Delaying the arrest baton would be a stupid idea. It doesn't work at times either. I think it is fine as it is thought.

The MP7 was nice, except the dreaded sound we all can remember oh so well. Fun to use and effective.

Overall, possibly for the first time in months, I agree with much of your suggestion.

Offline Deluxe

• ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 10:47 pm »
-seriously good suggestions-

I agree with everything except hit tag. and MT getting armor
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 01:18 am by Deluxe »
Peace love and positvity.

Offline Tschudy

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Tuh-Shoo-Dee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 02:48 am »
I disagree on the hitman's sniper attacks being 1-hit on any job.  the hitman needs to adapt to the situation.  For example if I ever got an order to put down a SWAT member, I would usually grab an M14 and a suppressor, wait for them to be relatively alone (i could usually take out another cop or so if there was one) then run up behind them switch weapons and gun them down before they had a chance to react.
DO NOT send me a friend request unless you are a super or above.  I'm done folks!

• ByB Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 03:06 am »
Not a one shot kill on every job, just something that does more damage per second, whether it be a bigger gun or semi sniper idk but it needs a buff for sure.