October 15, 2019, 04:25 pm

Poll

Good idea?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [Suggestion] Mayor & chief instant fire  (Read 947 times)

Offline Alex_2259

• ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] Mayor & chief instant fire
« on: May 14, 2017, 10:50 am »
This has been suggested by myself and others in other variants in years past - but it is certianly a topic I'd like to bring back for discussion.

Of course, restrict this ability to supporters (or not?), as supporters are far less inclined to abuse.

Government rolls don't seem to be used often - and should be revitalized if you ask me. I have also seen a dirty cop be snuck in just to sit in the cell room and unarrest his friends, help defend a single base and only that base, or even as bad as a cop outright basing and it's members spamming no on any incoming demote. It doesn't make much sense for a mayor/chief to lack the ability to remove dirty or unfit officers easily.

Mayor or chief able to force demote any officer
Just like a demote command - the mayor or chief would have some sort of specialized menu with the ability to immediately demote a standing officer (with a required valid reason, as well as a 5min cooldown)

If there is a chief & mayor, this ability is either taken from the chief, or the mayor must approve his demotes.

Same principle for SWAT commander, but his authority, of course, only over the SWAT ranks.

"Can't a gang member just go mayor/chief and fire all the cops?"

Well - yes, but with the 5min cooldown, and a reason required, an admin case would be very easy to invoke. And, him and his gang can just use the /demote command as it stands and have the entire gang vote yes. That's a non issue.

Abuse of this system in general wouldn't be much more of an issue than any other false demote case.

A system for hiring that works in a (similar) way would also be a nice feature, but that's a discussion for another time.

Offline Rothcombs

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Mayor & chief instant fire
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 08:08 am »
Are there any other recommendations?

Offline Deluxe

• ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 05:47 pm »
An addition I'd love to see. I'd force demote people when I was police and the mayor was firing them.
Peace love and positvity.

Offline Tschudy

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Tuh-Shoo-Dee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 08:51 pm »
SWAT commander would need it too.  Also need to fix it so the system bans you from ALL police jobs after being demoted.
DO NOT send me a friend request unless you are a super or above.  I'm done folks!