Yes
27 (61.4%)
No
1 (2.3%)
Yes - but wipe rules?
16 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: July 14, 2018, 06:45 pm

Author Topic: Should we hit go? (Vote number 3... no pressure)  (Read 693 times)

Offline Pantho

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
  • Community Founder
    • View Profile
Should we hit go? (Vote number 3... no pressure)
« on: July 07, 2018, 06:44 pm »

Server is READY TO GO! ... But we are moving the hardware/IP for better performance.
This means a new IP, so we figured it's best to do it before we open for real kinda thing.

Server will be online Saturday 14th of July at some random time - OK!

--edit

Wow... that green text eh, fun aint it?

Let us say Saturday Evening UK time? The servers VHD is transfer and im busy morning time.

So we'll likely get it online tomorrow evening. VIVA LA BYB!

Will you idiots stop using fonts ok - pantho
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 10:20 pm by Pantho »

Offline Thorhead

• Supporter
  • ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Should we hit go?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 06:45 pm »
Vote for option 3 for extra SUCK

Offline Rawss

• Super Admin
  • ByB Rookie
  • hello my dudes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 06:46 pm »
YES and bring back supers :D

When you nut but she still succ

Offline Jelman

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 06:46 pm »

His Grace Snoop of House Dogg, first in his name; Kushleesi; The Unblazed; Brother of Green Dragon Sativas; embarks on a quest to reclaim Weedsteros

Offline BlueNova

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Kind of just being, while listening to music.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 06:56 pm »
Yes you slag

Offline AdamS

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 06:56 pm »
Yes but no Pantho and bring Deon back.  Also make me a root so I can make new more archaic rules.
<Insert PHP here>

Offline Loqfrican

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Loqrin
    • View Profile
    • Loqrin Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 07:02 pm »
Bring it back, however don't wipe the rules completely and rather revise over them.
For example, the base building rules. Bases on the ByB servers have always been different and better than other servers (in my opinion). It made it somewhat fair for both the defender and attacker and made it almost impossible to construct bases with over powering angles (like small tight angles). Job rules were great and enabled great role play. However, some changes which were done to, for example, the BMD, should be revised.

Honestly, the rules back in 2012-2015 were fantastic. Sure they were long, but not as long as they currently stand and they were, as said, fantastic. ByB's rules allowed for a different type of gameplay compared to other servers I feel, but that's just my nostalgia talking.

The second iteration of Rebirth was amazing. It had decent addons and development was good but it died because bugs were piling up and weren't being fixed, as well as no new content was really being added that were requested by the community. Not to mention the whole "paying for admin" thing pissed new players off, especially how some of them were abusive.

If a new Rebirth were to pop up, I personally think a new map should be considered - a good, popular map that is somewhat generic to the DarkRP community now. Instead of picking a random, but good, map that no one really has ever played.

Also, personally I think that the current situation with ranks should be reconsidered and organized. I dislike the whole "contributor" rank. If anything at least change it's name from "contributor" because I, and I bet many others, interpret that they contributed in some way with donating to the server, rather than actually developing for the server and well, being a developer. I do think that payed admin should fall away, and there should be either one or two admin ranks. Players should be considered to be promoted to an admin more than what has been considered in the past years - and not primarily promoted on the fact that the player spent time with staff members on TeamSpeak or Discord.

Keeping it short and clean. Yes, bring it back. No, don't wipe the rules completely but revise over them.

Offline Pantho

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
  • Community Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 07:10 pm »
Bring it back, however don't wipe the rules completely and rather revise over them.
For example, the base building rules. Bases on the ByB servers have always been different and better than other servers (in my opinion). It made it somewhat fair for both the defender and attacker and made it almost impossible to construct bases with over powering angles (like small tight angles). Job rules were great and enabled great role play. However, some changes which were done to, for example, the BMD, should be revised.

Honestly, the rules back in 2012-2015 were fantastic. Sure they were long, but not as long as they currently stand and they were, as said, fantastic. ByB's rules allowed for a different type of gameplay compared to other servers I feel, but that's just my nostalgia talking.

The second iteration of Rebirth was amazing. It had decent addons and development was good but it died because bugs were piling up and weren't being fixed, as well as no new content was really being added that were requested by the community. Not to mention the whole "paying for admin" thing pissed new players off, especially how some of them were abusive.

If a new Rebirth were to pop up, I personally think a new map should be considered - a good, popular map that is somewhat generic to the DarkRP community now. Instead of picking a random, but good, map that no one really has ever played.

Also, personally I think that the current situation with ranks should be reconsidered and organized. I dislike the whole "contributor" rank. If anything at least change it's name from "contributor" because I, and I bet many others, interpret that they contributed in some way with donating to the server, rather than actually developing for the server and well, being a developer. I do think that payed admin should fall away, and there should be either one or two admin ranks. Players should be considered to be promoted to an admin more than what has been considered in the past years - and not primarily promoted on the fact that the player spent time with staff members on TeamSpeak or Discord.

Keeping it short and clean. Yes, bring it back. No, don't wipe the rules completely but revise over them.

Everyone wants a new map or new content...

Keep your paragraphs/essays out of this crap please. This is a simple "Hit Go and whatever" thread for the holidays. Ok.

We don't want a new map, we don't want to revise rules, or content ... Screw that, you can do it all later for 9$ a month ok.

Offline Jelman

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 07:12 pm »
if we have more than 30 bullet points in the rules we have smeged up

His Grace Snoop of House Dogg, first in his name; Kushleesi; The Unblazed; Brother of Green Dragon Sativas; embarks on a quest to reclaim Weedsteros

Offline Thorhead

• Supporter
  • ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 07:15 pm »

Offline AdamS

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
Re: Should we hit go? (Vote number 3... no pressure)
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 07:39 pm »
No cheating
Okay

No racism/OOC insults
If my president can hurl racial insults and Britian get sacked by the lots; Why can't I express my views?

No bigotry/sexual refrences outside of character.
Does this include my OOC Erotica?

No 'extreme' disrespect to admins (We understand temper and annoyance, but you swear at a guy helping and you're banned)
Have good staff.

Root admins are still gods - we might accidentally nuke your cockroaches, but life sucks.
Roots can suck my wee wee.

No base rules, no "MUST HAVE WINDOWS 4.5mm by 2.5mm rubbish"
smeg this and any ideas you have over this. That is smeging bullocks. Some rules can be shaved but totally scraping the rules that made the server fair is dumber than trusting Lindsey Lohan not to snort a line of coke at the coke factory.

Also, we might just have community admins? screw buying it ... I guess brand new super/trusteds?
But if I have money, I want to be able to ban people with it.

- Ponies Suck
Thats just foul
<Insert PHP here>

Offline claims

• ByB Rookie
  • Keep to claims
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 07:41 pm »
Can we focus more upon more creative solutions and customizes? I cant say last rebirth was so damn inventive, why?
- Arie f4 menu
- Non way to have inventory (Trust me) There is a good reasons why inventory is kinda obligated)
- TDM cars on a freaking downtown map.
- Go for Rp_downtown_tits_v1 thats map are now changing the downtown community. Trust me, I've been very active within darkrp pasts 3 years.

Its sad to say this and very sad... but in reality donating is the future of success, its like loot box. We need to create the community addictive as possible, so color coordination, unboxing, coin flips to loot boxes aka / pointshop 2.

What we need are
- Try to keep off scriptfodder but unless you got a nice bugdet or having some coders on non paid roll, you can achieve that. What you guys got is beckibox which are a very nice feature you cant find, well I created this box and have it public. Regardless, what i'm saying. Becki Box is something unique which I loved you guys for.

Try to box mainstream and uniqe things in addictive ordinations, and have a better structure of staff and you will success. Have you guys thought about migrating to new system, example IPB? I have migrated smf to invisions forum before without any issues. Let's be honest, smf is outdated and non friendly anymore. 

EDIT: Sometimes in life reboots is whats needed.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 07:43 pm by Sali »
Summer love

Offline Jelman

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2018, 07:44 pm »
admin disrespect rules shouldnt exist flat out. we're a gmod community not tumblr

Offline SoSoNiCK

• Supporter
  • ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2018, 08:03 pm »
Yes.

I will prefer RP4 last backup to be revived but I guess rebirth is more modern.

Offline AdamS

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2018, 08:06 pm »
admin disrespect rules shouldnt exist flat out. we're a gmod community not tumblr
Admins r fabulous
<Insert PHP here>