Yes
27 (61.4%)
No
1 (2.3%)
Yes - but wipe rules?
16 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: July 14, 2018, 06:45 pm

Author Topic: Should we hit go? (Vote number 3... no pressure)  (Read 6982 times)

Offline Scriptis

• ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Should we hit go? (Vote number 3... no pressure)
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2018, 08:07 pm »
admin disrespect rules shouldnt exist flat out. we're a gmod community not tumblr

I agree, but I think that this is a bit one-sided. I'd like to propose a compromise:
  • Admins should be allowed to disrespect players, but not the other way around.
  • Jelman should be banned for breaking the above rule somehow.
Yes.

I will prefer RP4 last backup to be revived but I guess rebirth is more modern.

If dupes survived, I would like my dupes back. If they didn't, well, :(.

Offline Pantho

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
  • Community Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2018, 08:54 pm »
Yes.

I will prefer RP4 last backup to be revived but I guess rebirth is more modern.

I do too, but lazy m8... Hit GO and done on rebirth ;)

Offline iProxy

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2018, 09:02 pm »

I have the dupes backed up on my end.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 01:10 am by iProxy »

Offline AdamS

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2018, 09:35 pm »
Personally, I wouldn't mind re-doing the forum for fun on the side. Though, - IPB is expensive and we did snatch an xenforo license, but I think that is expired now. If anything, I wouldn't mind seeing MyBB as a replacement and it's free :).
SMF is still fine to use imho. Just more febreeze and theme edits should fix it.  MyBB still makes me feel nervous because of how exploit prone it used to be years and years back. And the lack of content for it versus the thousands for smf.

Offline Pantho

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
  • Community Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2018, 10:27 pm »
Well, this is kinda a reply to "Speak English" when he said he'd pay to turn the server on for summer...

And I was like "Wait, we have it paid for summer? Just hit GO and that's it".

Any change to the game,rules or forum messes over that simplicity.

This is not a true rebirth, but a screw it and hit launch server as it's FREE and SIMPLE to do so.
We have paid for the server the entire time it's been offline, because why not? - It's paid till Sept 4th.
IF IT ACTUALLY stays populated then  I guess we'd organise something... Nobody gives a fudge about money so maybe some non profit council of elders rubbish? whatever.

I'd hand over ByB legally to someone if it was actually populated and active.
I'm way to busy with Work currently to care for a game server so passing it on would be fine.

AutoMerge: July 07, 2018, 10:35 pm
Well, this is kinda a reply to "Speak English" when he said he'd pay to turn the server on for summer...

And I was like "Wait, we have it paid for summer? Just hit GO and that's it".

Any change to the game,rules or forum messes over that simplicity.

This is not a true rebirth, but a screw it and hit launch server as it's FREE and SIMPLE to do so.
We have paid for the server the entire time it's been offline, because why not? - It's paid till Sept 4th.
IF IT ACTUALLY stays populated then  I guess we'd organise something... Nobody gives a fudge about money so maybe some non profit council of elders rubbish? whatever.

I'd hand over ByB legally to someone if it was actually populated and active.
I'm way to busy with work currently to care for a game server so passing it on would be fine.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 10:35 pm by Pantho »

Offline Caspari

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2018, 01:29 am »
yes dad  :P

Offline Pantho

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
  • Community Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2018, 04:27 pm »
Can we focus more upon more creative solutions and customizes? I cant say last rebirth was so damn inventive, why?
- Arie f4 menu
- Non way to have inventory (Trust me) There is a good reasons why inventory is kinda obligated)
- TDM cars on a freaking downtown map.
- Go for Rp_downtown_tits_v1 thats map are now changing the downtown community. Trust me, I've been very active within darkrp pasts 3 years.

Its sad to say this and very sad... but in reality donating is the future of success, its like loot box. We need to create the community addictive as possible, so color coordination, unboxing, coin flips to loot boxes aka / pointshop 2.

What we need are
- Try to keep off scriptfodder but unless you got a nice bugdet or having some coders on non paid roll, you can achieve that. What you guys got is beckibox which are a very nice feature you cant find, well I created this box and have it public. Regardless, what i'm saying. Becki Box is something unique which I loved you guys for.

Try to box mainstream and uniqe things in addictive ordinations, and have a better structure of staff and you will success. Have you guys thought about migrating to new system, example IPB? I have migrated smf to invisions forum before without any issues. Let's be honest, smf is outdated and non friendly anymore. 

EDIT: Sometimes in life reboots is whats needed.

Sali... Babe...

I really agree with you so much here, you seem to actually understand the stupidity of server running.

Donating is the future to success yes, people are oddly addicted to spending money for things like this.
However i DO NOT WANT TO PROFIT anymore... We could give this money in some shared system to supers? But I really don't want a single penny of it. ByB money helped me a LOT but I don't want nor need it anymore.
If you can think of a nice loot box system with minimal effort I'd consider it. Minimal meaning we/I don't want to recode the entire thing. A pointshop/scratchcard system from scriptfodder we can implement with minimal code would be fine.

Keep off scriptfodder was the original ByB model, which I and Weasel spent so much time doing. It works, but for a loot box theme we'd likely need it a bit.

Staff remake is definitely needed. But a new forum I really cba.

I removed most people Sali, but I've added back your account "claims" we can talk when I'm at work and bored this week. It would be interesting to talk I think. Though beckibox was not the only thing ByB made... most DarkRP features since gmod10 where 'appropriated' from ByB with Falco ;)

Offline speak______english

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
  • STEAM_0:0:49758068
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2018, 05:12 pm »
Id be very surprised to see a staff remake. I just see alot of people staying is there positions with alittle bro time on discord. But id love to have the server up, wanna build a base with good tools and noclip and be a SWAT. PLEASE do not chance anything we wanna come back to BYB not some new thing y'all wanna try out. The rules have been changed and improved from the start, i think they are pretty damn FIRE and should stay AND anyway can we make Super on duty like a server vote like mayor cause sometimes y'all get to damn crazy.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 05:16 pm by speak______english »

Offline Loqfrican

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Loqrin
    • View Profile
    • Loqrin Entertainment
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2018, 06:40 pm »

I have the dupes backed up on my end.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
I wonder what I had made, can't even remember
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 06:42 pm by Loqfrican »

Offline ChipsNdSalsa

• Super Admin
  • ByB Newbie
  • http://imgur.com/HcpiVLz
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2018, 11:46 pm »
RP4 PERIOD. GO

Offline Lexi's Inferior

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • I'm back, I guess.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2018, 01:10 pm »
Doooo eeeeet

Offline MaraudingCrab

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2018, 08:36 pm »
IMO having no base rules seems like a breeding ground for abuse, that being said the current base rules leaves newer players with their smeg in the wind. So tone down the rules to conform to the newer standards but keep some that gave BYB its uniqueness.

Offline AdamS

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2018, 10:11 pm »
IMO having no base rules seems like a breeding ground for abuse, that being said the current base rules leaves newer players with their smeg in the wind. So tone down the rules to conform to the newer standards but keep some that gave BYB its uniqueness.
I'd say go with the current rules until it's decided what will be done with ByB (As I have said before). But if we ever got to re-do the rules here would be my take at "Shortening" them.

Still could shorten some parts but I will be damned before someone tosses out them Base Rules. I'd rather see nothing come back.

Offline Loqfrican

• Super Admin
  • ByB Champion
  • Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Loqrin
    • View Profile
    • Loqrin Entertainment
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2018, 11:52 pm »
I'd say go with the current rules until it's decided what will be done with ByB (As I have said before). But if we ever got to re-do the rules here would be my take at "Shortening" them.

Still could shorten some parts but I will be damned before someone tosses out them Base Rules. I'd rather see nothing come back.

"Base/Stoe/House Rules
Max 3 EGP per BASE - per BASE, not player, per BASE. Giant gang base? Well, 3 EGP only!  - smeg you"

LMFAO
Brilliant

Offline sneakster13

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2018, 12:44 am »
yes but please dont add inventory pickup. I always enjoyed the higher risk of no inventory pickup  :D