Yes
27 (61.4%)
No
1 (2.3%)
Yes - but wipe rules?
16 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: July 14, 2018, 06:45 pm

Author Topic: Should we hit go? (Vote number 3... no pressure)  (Read 3377 times)

Offline dominator7713

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Should we hit go? (Vote number 3... no pressure)
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2018, 12:50 am »
YES, waiting for this one, NO inventory pickup keep the risk of losing your weapons, by pocket or in your base, to this day still the best server the way it was

Offline claims

• ByB Rookie
  • Keep to claims
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2018, 05:05 am »
YES, waiting for this one, NO inventory pickup keep the risk of losing your weapons, by pocket or in your base, to this day still the best server the way it was

I can relate to what your saying however I'm disagreed about no inventory pickup. I will assume players will hoard the money instead of spending it, this can be bad for example. Let say ByB add some expensive smeg weapons and player buys it and discover smeg I cant store it. What now? They dies and cries to admin, then eventually get banned.

However, having to much store possibility is bad. Example, majority of servers just extract itemstore in addons and say "well now i'm adding TDM cars".. So my suggestions for a ratio could be something like this.

Default is 2 slots and 2 blocks in height and 1 page. 
Code: [Select]
itemstore.InventorySizes = {
default = { 2, 2, 1 }, --- 4 slots
root = { 10, 2, 1 }, --- 20 slots
superadmin = { 10, 2, 1 }, --- 20 slots
trusted_admin = { 10, 2, 1 },--- 20 slots
admin = { 8, 2, 1 }, --- 16 slots
moderator = { 8, 2, 1 }, --- 16 slots
supporter = { 8, 2, 1 }, --- 16 slots
vip_elite = { 6, 2, 1 }, --- 12 slots
vip = { 4, 2, 1 }, --- 8 slots
}

Shipments can be redone into containing 5 weapons instead of 10. So players wont waste inventory to store M4A1 or a shipment of glocks, instead they will use the slots more carefully. Or simply make inventory a donating or time rewarding thing?

Overall, its about gaining players and majority likes inventory.. And PLEAS pantho don't buy itemstore :( I know you guys can create a inventory, so dont disappoint me. I miss a unique server.
Summer love

Offline Pantho

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
  • Community Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2018, 04:32 pm »
We'll be keeping paid admins, as im WAY to frigging lazy to do actual ranks.
All previous, current, existing, french, croatian and living admins will get a couple weeks free.
If the servers still populated after 2 weeks, it kinda means "YAY! Summer ByB fun!", at which point we'll decide. If it's not, then nobody has wasted money.
Sound good?

Rules:
I REALLY wanted to nuke them, and was going to ignore the poll... But we will be keeping them, however I might get bored at work and butcher some of the more 'ludicrous" ones.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 04:34 pm by Pantho »

Offline AdamS

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2018, 05:02 pm »
I REALLY wanted to nuke them, and was going to ignore the poll... But we will be keeping them, however I might get bored at work and butcher some of the more 'ludicrous" ones.
Or we could just have an open discussion on chucking the bad rules and let the community voice their opinions on each and every one.  I mean, it would not hurt to actually give the community a voice in something for once. Not like they had more play time than most of the upper-staff that decided the rules for years....

Offline Conor

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2018, 07:06 pm »
Or we could just have an open discussion on chucking the bad rules and let the community voice their opinions on each and every one.  I mean, it would not hurt to actually give the community a voice in something for once. Not like they had more play time than most of the upper-staff that decided the rules for years....

Lowkey smeg-stirring going on here

Offline Smiley

• Supporter
  • ByB Novice
  • eh
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2018, 09:53 pm »
Stirring the soup bowl, aaah, fresh jelman soup. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh

Offline Xenvious

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2018, 12:53 pm »
admin disrespect rules shouldnt exist flat out. we're a gmod community not tumblr

if i wanna call bluenova a fat slob, i damn well should be allowed.

Offline xFG|Moar Bacon!

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2018, 03:25 am »
So happy to see byb make a return, Will be around under the new name RuthlessNarwhale

Offline olicool11

• Root of all Evil
  • ByB Fanatic
  • TEM NAMLEJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2018, 02:23 pm »
Legit never saw the original post for this, holy smeg that font is evil on the eyes