March 22, 2019, 02:15 am

Author Topic: Keypad Placement  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Cookie

• ByB Newbie
  • FukaJones
    • View Profile
Keypad Placement
« on: August 05, 2018, 03:25 pm »
So I was wondering about where they keypads need to be placed for the door it opens.

I see some bases that force you to look one way that is completely far from the door.
Just want to verify if this is okay to do or not.

Offline NinjaPhenix

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Keypad Placement
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 03:50 pm »
Talked about this ingame but decided to post it here aswell for those who were not ingame at the time.

Currently there a few rules about keypad placements, namely both raiders must be able to crack it and that they may not cover shooting windows. Aswell as "common sense".

I said that It should be fine aslong as it follows the rules above aswell as being inside of the raiding area and the keypad is visable, not sticking into the prop on the side by 99%.

However I stand with Cookie on this one that raiding enterance keypads and safe keypads should be directly next to the door they open.

Offline AdamS

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 07:31 pm »
The old golden rule was that the Keypad had to be beside the door it opened.  Without anything obstructing the view of the keypad or forcing angles.  But golden rules are not rules lol.

Offline RealGuy

• ByB Rookie
  • Smeg isn't always the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 01:01 am »
I think people freak out too much about keypad placement. As long as it's in the raiding entrance and two people are able to crack it, then why does it matter. There are so few things you can do to change up the defence tactic.

Offline Cookie

• ByB Newbie
  • FukaJones
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 02:50 am »
I think people freak out too much about keypad placement. As long as it's in the raiding entrance and two people are able to crack it, then why does it matter. There are so few things you can do to change up the defence tactic.

I'm not freaking out at all lol... I was simply asking what are peoples thoughts on keypad placements, and forcing angles is very unfair for the raider you can see when they even open the window to shoot you.

Offline RealGuy

• ByB Rookie
  • Smeg isn't always the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 04:52 am »
In my opinion, its not hidden and two players would be able to crack it. I would approve of it.

Offline Sirdog

• ByB Fanatic
  • The only dog known to man that can talk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 05:32 am »
In my opinion, there is no doubt that the keypad, for all intents and purposes, is classified as hidden. My definition of hidden being that the keypad is placed in such a way as to not be immediately identifiable. The dummy keypad where keypads are typically placed only further proves my point in that regard (unless I am blind and no such keypad exists - but to be fair the image is very low quality).

The current rule-set does not possess specific rules on keypad placement, and hopefully, there never comes a time where it needs to be spelled out. A keypad should be relatively close to the door it triggers - to an extent that allows the raider, upon viewing the keypad, to very easily identify which door it will trigger.

With that in mind, I believe on a personal level this base should be allowed. A clever trick. A raider upon seeing the keypad in the second picture can very easily identify it triggers the first raid door.

But that's just my two cents on the matter.

Offline Bandicoot

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Doot for deer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 06:31 pm »
IMO: Keypads should be next to the door that they trigger, or at least nearby it to the point that there's no mistaking what the keypad opens. And although it was once against the rules to force raiders to stand in a certain spot to crack a keypad, I don't think that rule still exists.

Offline Tony69

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 08:06 pm »
IMO: Keypads should be next to the door that they trigger, or at least nearby it to the point that there's no mistaking what the keypad opens. And although it was once against the rules to force raiders to stand in a certain spot to crack a keypad, I don't think that rule still exists.

I thought the rule was always as long as both raiders can crack the keypad it's good? (also obviously no hidden keypads)

IGN: J-Roc

Offline Bandicoot

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Doot for deer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 05:03 am »
The rule of both raiders being able to crack hasn't always been around, and before it there was a rule that enforced that you couldn't force raiders to stand and crack in one particular spot. E.G. a very small space with little to no wiggle room. That's the rule that isn't around anymore.