October 22, 2018, 07:37 am

Author Topic: This is why you always build large printer vaults...  (Read 244 times)

Offline Blakob

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
This is why you always build large printer vaults...
« on: August 10, 2018, 10:17 am »

That's 39 printers in total, and 9 unique printers at most. Quite the nice thing to find completely unguarded underground.

I did the right thing and farmed the printers for hours, then blew them all up. Here are a few other pictures of the collection:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1472944929
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1472945285
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1472945433

All gloating aside, it seems to me that the printers/ the server lasts too long in a single instance, allowing a collection of printers to grow as it is passed between gangs to the point where many of our supporters are locked out of their printers. That or we have smeg cops. You decide.

Offline RealGuy

• ByB Rookie
  • Smeg isn't always the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: This is why you always build large printer vaults...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 05:35 pm »
In my opinion, there should be no change to how long printers last. People pay for the supporter rank for good reason. Apart from the jobs, printers are another huge reason people are willing to support.

There is a section in legacy rules dictating that you are not allowed to sell printers to other players. It can be argued that even if you can buy printers, you can just steal them, and it would be a valid point.

With this said, there are many instances where players set up a shop to specifically buy printers off others, accelerating the rate of printers per player/base. Even though you would be able to steal them off other players, having a rule dictating selling printers as illegal would slow the main source of the problem.

It would also be a fantastic idea to add a rule dictating that if you carry more than x printers, they must be placed on a shelf, stopping any collisions between them.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 05:37 pm by RealGuy »

Offline Xenvious

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 06:42 pm »
im just going to leave this here.
Spoiler

Offline Scriptis

• ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 07:39 pm »
your printer farms are so small. is funny to me

Spoiler

Offline Xenvious

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 08:19 pm »
ur small.

Offline Ohara

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 01:02 pm »
Wow, some of you guys have them sorted by color too. That's some next level neatness right there. If that's even a word. lol