November 19, 2019, 01:16 pm

Poll

Does this happend for you?

Yes
4 (57.1%)
Bo
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Hl.2 Crash.  (Read 471 times)

Offline Francis Hes

• ByB Newbie
    • View Profile
Hl.2 Crash.
« on: February 29, 2012, 06:36 am »
So sometimes when i am joining a ByB Server Iit freeze the screen while "Sending Clientinfo" and then it put up with a little box there says "Hl2.exe doesnt work" Do you guys know what to do?

Offline Mr.Commodore

• ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Hl.2 Crash.
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 09:19 am »
Start the game in singleplayer first. Don't know why, but it only happens on ByB.

But nonetheless, doing the above will 'fix' it.

Offline The Pink Penguin

• ByB Rookie
  • Sum it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:22 am »
How often does this happend? because it seems to happend to everyone i talked to, its just a crash, also try to give it some time and wait, sometimes it begins to respond again. I havenīt found any solution yet, if its same problem as i have.

Anyways does it gives a crash-code/etc? it would be helpfull as a HL2 crash could be caused by ANYTHING!

Also i realy like that i can vote either yes or Bo.... i chose Bo.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Offline PrecookedEagle

• Supporter
  • ByB Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 12:32 pm »
You could have read through other posts before making this one, there are lots of threads that are similar.

This is indeed caused by WIRE.

The first time you join a server with WIRE it has to generate certain cache files. If you do not have WIRE installed it should still generate them, just takes a damn long time.

Joining a single player game with wire installed is the fastest way to generate them. It is possible the ByB server wire needs updating, if the error persists after trying all fixes we have mentioned then let us know and we shall endevour to update wiremod.