April 06, 2020, 04:54 am

Author Topic: Suggest rules that should be added/removed/edited in the MOTD  (Read 1933 times)

Offline Deon

• ByB Champion
  • http://i.imgur.com/wdaqqTQ.gif
    • View Profile
Lately, and in the future, I shall be a very busy man as a result of two examinations and some work. So to make it easier in regards of expanding and brushing up the MOTD, to make everyones experience on our servers more enjoyable and lasting, not to mention the main goal being to increase and formulate the sense of roleplaying, this thread shall work as a forum for suggestions regarding the rules in the MOTD. (Damn that was a long sentence...)

Here you can type your suggestion using the following format (just copy the code):

ADD RULE
Code: [Select]
Type: Add
Info:
Reason for suggestion:
Suggestion as to what should be added specifically in the MOTD (What the MOTD should say):
Pros:
Cons:
Server specific:
Other info:

REMOVE RULE
Type: Remove
Involving rule:
Reason for suggestion:
Pros:
Cons:
Server specific:
Other info:

EDIT RULE
Type: Edit
Involving rule:
Editorial suggestion:
Reason for suggestion:
Pros:
Cons:
Server specific:
Other info:

Type: Add/Remove/Edit -- Select either one of these types of suggestions that most closely describe, or fit, your suggestion.
Info: -- Make sure to adequately fill out all necessary information in regards to the addition.
Reason for suggestion: -- Argue as to why this rule should be added/removed/edited. Do provide proof for statements.

Suggestion as to what should be added specifically in the MOTD (What the MOTD should say): -- Type out what you think the MOTD should say in regards to the rule you believe should be added.
Pros: -- Post any pros (i.e. benefits) that you believe this addition/removal/edit might bring to the server(s). This could be anything from server-stability, roleplaying enhancement, "unwritten rules" etc.
Cons: -- Nothing is perfect. Everything has a con to it. Please do provide any cons you believe said change might bring to the server(s). Includes all aspects, just like Pros.
Server specific: -- Point out if you believe this rule should be specified for only one server, many servers, or all servers.
Other info: -- Here you can post any proof, or other information you might have that you believe is needed in regards to your add/remove/edit suggestion.
Involving rule: -- Do type out the specific rule that is involved in regards to edit/removal.
Editorial suggestion: -- Do state the specified suggestion you would like to make to the old rule here.

Even though some of these labels may intertwine with each other, they're all equally essential to be filled out properly. Any idiotic suggestion that has not been done properly will be punished by a 3 day forum ban and be regarded as spam. So please try to do this professionally, so that I can handle it as efficiently as possible.

Everyone is also free to support, or oppose, specific suggestions. But do so using the format:

I support/oppose the suggestion:
Reason for support/oppose:

Do not just say "it's stupid", "this is good idea" or anything similar, if you oppose it, do it properly with arguments and proof.

Do note that the roots have the final and ultimate say in regards to addition/removal/edit of the rules. This is only a forum for suggestions.

Go ahead, help your community become better!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 03:35 am by Deon »
I am currently not as active and available. Before you send me a PM, feel free to send one to other active root administrators as well in hopes for a quicker response! Active root administrators can be found here.

Offline StupidWeasel

• Supporter
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
    • Moustaches through the ages: A Historial Account of Facial Hair
Re: Suggest rules that should be added/removed/edited in the MOTD
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 05:18 am »
Motd revisions have been moved to their own forum. If you wish a rule to be added/removed/edited simply make a new topic, select the appropriate prefix and use the format for the rule given above.

FunnyClaps