June 02, 2020, 05:17 am

Author Topic: [Edit Rule] Prop Base's  (Read 897 times)

Offline Roasthawkmoon

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
[Edit Rule] Prop Base's
« on: May 27, 2012, 04:00 am »
Type: Edit
Involving rule:
PROPBASES (including skybases) ARE NOT ALLOWED. There are plenty of houses/apartments/warehouses already on the maps, use them accordingly instead.

You may have small extensions, such as well designed conservatories and porches :)
    Extensions do not have to be part of the main entrance, you may use your extension as a safe - but NOT to advertise your possessions.

Editorial suggestion:Prop Bases would be allowed but would be limited to a certain amount of props such as 50 or so.
Reason for suggestion: Prop Base's wouldn't limit the places people could build Like i have built in ever place nearly expect apartments and in some places have built more than one base. It tends to get old after building a base in one place more than once
Pros:
1. would allow more building area's
2. In my case it would lower the amount of props for my bases and others in general. When i build a base its more than 50 props it usually 70-100 props so it would also reduce the amount of props.
Cons:
1. People would abuse the limit.
2. It would be kinda of hard to enforce
3. If there were lots of Prop Bases it would cause the server to lag
Server specific: The general Darkrps
Other info:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 04:02 am by Roasthawkmoon »

Offline Mathium

• Supporter
  • ByB Champion
    • View Profile
Re: [Edit Rule] Prop Base's
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 04:41 am »
Your cons exactly point out why it is a rule in the first place.
50 props is a lot, and with the amount of players that will start building them, it causes extreme lag.
Not only does it cause lag but it takes up giant areas in the street blocking roads & entrances, and is ultimately just unrealistic.
-support

Offline Roasthawkmoon

• Supporter
  • ByB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 05:01 am »
off topic of the prop bases i do not understand why some extensions are iliegal such as this one
http://steamcommunity.com/id/koolerthanyou/screenshot/504638175591982206?tab=public

Offline Danrox147

• Super Admin
  • ByB Fanatic
  • Personal Text..........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 09:41 am »
Back when people didn't care about prop bases that much it was abused, lagged a lot and also tonnes of reports about people saying this base is blocking my entrance! (Also it is just better if hobos have a spot to put their homes)

-support
                                   ^^^^ Very True ^^^^